Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for over a few days on Acura forums trying to find a compatible CD Player Deck to swap out my factory radio. But it seems like there is nothing. Why the Hell not? Now I am realizing why this car was sold probably cause the owner couldn't find anything.

All I want to do is be able to swap out my factory speakers and throw in an amp and sub and do a full sound system makeover. But the main concern is always the Head Unit or Deck not being available. Can someone help me out and point me in the right direction or am I just out of luck and nothing I can do? I seen a couple options but none that I like. I haven't seen any option to actually be able to use a deck that I can purchase at Best Buy.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You can't fit a double din unit in the nav spot? That sucks.
NOPE! there is no dash kit for the TSX. If your stock unit works I have done a complete system with just a highlow converter. If you want more control look at possibly getting a digital sound processor. JL, JBL, Alpine etc etc there are plenty of companies around that make them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If your dead set on adding an additional aftermarket head unit you can get the OEM MP3 kit that replaces the top compartment in your console like the picture above.

Acura P/N: 08B06-SEC-210

Or, instead of losing the compartment, and having a wiring nightmare on your hands, pick up a JBL MS-8. You can wire it in using your stock speaker level outputs from the factory amp and hook up to 8 channels of fully process able, crossed over, time aligned pre amp or speaker level signals.

For a little more than a decent aftermarket head-unit you can keep the OEM look and control of the factory head unit and get a clean usable signal for a full aftermarket system.

What exactly are you looking to add? Are you wanting to do an entire system or just add a sub? Do you have equipment already or would you be buying everything?

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your dead set on adding an additional aftermarket head unit you can get the OEM MP3 kit that replaces the top compartment in your console like the picture above.

Acura P/N: 08B06-SEC-210

Or, instead of losing the compartment, and having a wiring nightmare on your hands, pick up a JBL MS-8. You can wire it in using your stock speaker level outputs from the factory amp and hook up to 8 channels of fully process able, crossed over, time aligned pre amp or speaker level signals.

For a little more than a decent aftermarket head-unit you can keep the OEM look and control of the factory head unit and get a clean usable signal for a full aftermarket system.

What exactly are you looking to add? Are you wanting to do an entire system or just add a sub? Do you have equipment already or would you be buying everything?
Can you show me a website that sells this part for a good price?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can you show me a website that sells this part for a good price?
Here ya go:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/JBL-MS-8-Series-Digital-Processor/dp/B003KN2TQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338752215&sr=8-1[/ame]

I bought mine on a car audio forum used for $400.00 there are alot of new processors coming to market soon so there should be a bunch coming available used if you dont mind doing some searching.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here ya go:

Amazon.com: JBL MS-8 MS Series Digital Processor: Car Electronics

I bought mine on a car audio forum used for $400.00 there are alot of new processors coming to market soon so there should be a bunch coming available used if you dont mind doing some searching.
Oh, i was actually looking for the part that is needed to replace the little compartment under the hvac and cd player. Where online can i find that? (for the 2007 acura tsx by the way)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I mainly want to buy an amp, maybe a few speakers, and of course the sub is the main one I'm interested in. They told me I could just use the digital converter or whatever so I can keep the factory deck. Not sure what the difference in sound quality will be.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If your just looking to add a sub and amp then yes I would say you would be just fine with a line level converter and by far the cheapest way to go.

PAC SOEM-T (soemt) Premium 120W, 2-Channel Adjustable Line Out

You could simply tap into the rear deck speakers and one of these would convert the speaker level into RCAs and you would just need an amp that had on board crossovers for the sub, most do.

If you want to replace your factory speakers this wouldn’t work as the rear speakers are crossed over from the factory amp so they are only getting low frequency sound and not a full range like you would need.

If you want to do an entire system swap I highly recommend getting processor like the JBL MS-8, Fosgate 360.3, Audison Bit-one, etc.

These units will tap into the signal from your factory head unit, and even it out so you are getting full range, clean, and level sound then let you choose what frequencies you want it to output into your amps.

Not trying to be an audio snob, not everybody needs a full system renovation to be happy. I was actually pretty pleased with the sound of my TSX with just a sub added, but for me I needed more. Its all about your ears and how you like your music.

I would recommend trying the line level converter first cause its cheap and seeing if your happy with just a sub. If so awesome you saved yourself a ton of money and work, if not and you want to replace speakers then I highly recommend getting a processor to undo all of the factory voodoo otherwise you will be buying and replacing speakers only to make it sound worse than factory.

Im more than happy to help and answer any questions, just lemme know.

·
o000WEee TSX
98 Posts
If your just looking to add a sub and amp then yes I would say you would be just fine with a line level converter and by far the cheapest way to go.

PAC SOEM-T (soemt) Premium 120W, 2-Channel Adjustable Line Out

You could simply tap into the rear deck speakers and one of these would convert the speaker level into RCAs and you would just need an amp that had on board crossovers for the sub, most do.

If you want to replace your factory speakers this wouldn’t work as the rear speakers are crossed over from the factory amp so they are only getting low frequency sound and not a full range like you would need.

If you want to do an entire system swap I highly recommend getting processor like the JBL MS-8, Fosgate 360.3, Audison Bit-one, etc.

These units will tap into the signal from your factory head unit, and even it out so you are getting full range, clean, and level sound then let you choose what frequencies you want it to output into your amps.

Not trying to be an audio snob, not everybody needs a full system renovation to be happy. I was actually pretty pleased with the sound of my TSX with just a sub added, but for me I needed more. Its all about your ears and how you like your music.

I would recommend trying the line level converter first cause its cheap and seeing if your happy with just a sub. If so awesome you saved yourself a ton of money and work, if not and you want to replace speakers then I highly recommend getting a processor to undo all of the factory voodoo otherwise you will be buying and replacing speakers only to make it sound worse than factory.

Im more than happy to help and answer any questions, just lemme know.

^^^ just ordered mines, cant wait.. orders the LOC & a FM transmisster... 8p

thanks for the link, maybe this can relieve this agony music pain of my lovedd TSX

1 - 17 of 17 Posts