Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Picked up a new car to me two week ago, 05 TSX Basic, 230K miles, Parasitic Drain, No HFL Module. Have searched the threads high and low.
In this two weeks time, the battey and starter replaced (Battery Froze MN, Starter Failed), the alternator has been tested. Using a Fuse Bubby that is reading 0.02 to 0.00 amps at the battery after 20 seconds when battery is connected. Initially I thought the draw was fuse 7 under hood BACKUP, was not sure what fuse 7 did, (backup lights, Relay Control Module, Door lock courtesy lights) had readings two week ago of 0.03 to 0.04 amps until I removed fuse 7 underhood. Second guessing myself with now 0.02 to 0.00 amps

There is no HFL in this car or ever has been, Are these TSX Canbus system? highly confused by these systems.

Could a failing starter cause a parasitic drain with the Canbus system? Is 0.02 amp draw within spec? Or how about the Relay Control Module?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Service manual says these car could need upwards of 40 mins after battery connection to come to complete rest. Biggest reason being XM Radio and all the other systems to run their tests.

I am thinking about replacing the under hood fuse box cause of faulty Relay Control Module.
Doing another several days no start, parasitic drain test.

Keep posting with your findings

· Registered
6 Posts
Fuse 15 (40amp) under the hood feeds a few of the fuses in the drive side fuse box. I found 2 fuses under there that had the drain. It was backup and I believe interior light or amp. Can’t recall now. I basically gave up on trying to fix this. Since it’s not a massive drain only 65Ma I’m going to swap in a size 24 battery and try and ride it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts