Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my 05 TSX. Ive always been someone who likes coilovers because they’re easy to adjust. Anyone recommend a brand that would be good to put on this car?

Also i heard that Honda accord coilovers fit on tsx with some modifications?

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
http://www.stsuspensions.com/products/st-suspensions-04-08-acura-tsx-2-4l-03-07-honda-accord-sedan-coupe-2-4l-3-0l-13250009.html

These are already preset for height based on handling and comfort - the drivers side even has 1/4 extra lift for the the drivers weight built in. - These are better than 99% of other options unless you can go to the next step aluminum bodied version made by there parent company KW - which are rebuild-able too.

It's sad people think Tein Crapauto BC Megan etc are actually good products - they are garbage that use high spring rates that sag because they are cheap material to cover garbage shocks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
http://www.stsuspensions.com/products/st-suspensions-04-08-acura-tsx-2-4l-03-07-honda-accord-sedan-coupe-2-4l-3-0l-13250009.html

These are already preset for height based on handling and comfort - the drivers side even has 1/4 extra lift for the the drivers weight built in. - These are better than 99% of other options unless you can go to the next step aluminum bodied version made by there parent company KW - which are rebuild-able too.

It's sad people think Tein Crapauto BC Megan etc are actually good products - they are garbage that use high spring rates that sag because they are cheap material to cover garbage shocks.
I am also a big fan of ST/KW, but I don't understand people complaining about Tein being garbage, at least not on TSX.

The spring choice for their lineup is pretty much spot-on for each application. The cheaper models may not have the best damping, but anything above $800 is decent for mixed street/track use.

At least the coilovers are built well, with good warranty and repairable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I honestly have never heard one bad thing about Tein's other than people didn't get the drop they expected when installed, but other than that, quality reviews have been excellent. BC and Megan, perhaps garbage. I honestly like Progress. I had a set of their CSII's on my Integra and it was awesome. I could've gone a little softer in the rears, but the drop and ride were on point. Good bang for the buck!

The TSX I just bought has stock shocks and the previous owner installed Eibach Sportline springs for a nice drop. I like the way it sits, but its a little too bouncy for me on the roads. I like the stiffer setups, so you get the feeling of the road, honestly. I was thinking of replacing the stock shocks with either Koni's and now also Bilstein, since I have seen/read some good reviews of those shocks with Eibach's for TSX's. See if that makes the ride a little better/stiffer. But once this setup goes, I will likely be in the market for a set of coils, unless a great coilover deal pops-up that I can't say no to. Then the Eibach's may be coming off a little sooner... :)

- DM

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tein like almost every company buys chinese pot metal springs and garbage dampers, you can't make decent things at that price point, nor do they want to, they are a reseller of China made, not a producer - companies like Eibach spend Millions on spring manufacturing equipment and very high quality, consistent material. There target customers may drive a TSX one year and a Gt3 the next - criushing at 160 to work and hit up the ring on the weekends - pride and German product standards are extremely high.

Sadly few Honda tuners in the US know what quality feels like because they focus on being a child stance hot boi, then selling there bucket on craigslist and ruining the next car the same way.

Meanwhile million dollar hyper cars are turning to brands like Eibach and KW for ultimate performance.

BTW it's much better to stiffen the TSX chassis than the springs

·
Registered
707 Posts
Having held and looked over Tein, F/F, Megan, ksport, yonaka, and a few others I can definitely say Tein is a step above all the other Taiwanese made options. Tein still puts out a better product than all those marketing hype brands. I've ridden in tons of cars with cheap-os and they're generally the same.

I've also owned F/F and Teins and the Tein's are hands down a higher quality part. Perform better as well. Tein does actually spend money on R&D too. Teins may not be as quality of a part as KW or Eibach, but they aren't on the same level as all the cheap stance coils.

One brand I would like to check out at some point is Fortune Auto - they have a ton of spring options including Swift springs and I've heard alot of positive feedback from them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
BTW it's much better to stiffen the TSX chassis than the springs
Agreed. When I installed my Progress CSII's on my Integra, I also upgrade the front and rear sways, plus a ASR subframe brace. ITR upper strut bar was purchased right before I got rid of it, but never got a chance to install it. I get your point though...I'd like to do the same with my TSX.

BTW, I was looking at those ST coils....they are looking more and more appealing. I was also looking at prices for Bilstein and Koni shocks over the weekend and they run $550-$600. I almost feel like an extra $250, may be worth just getting the ST coils...

- DM

·
New 2005 TSX 6 Spd Owner
2 Posts
Tein is a great entry-level brand for your first coilovers for this car. Specifically, the Tein Flex Z's are rated pretty well in terms of daily driving.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is there office https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4151659,139.5258337,118m/data=!3m1!1e3 - this is not where products are produced - those products come TEIN Far East International Trade Company of China in China, by a manufacturer that makes a number of brands.

The only thing that differentiates Tein is there street minded development. The quality of the spring material, assembly of the shocks, everything is cookie cutter.

If you take a brand new spring and for the sake of argument its 700lb per inch and put it on a car, drive it normal and take it off in 6 months, if will test 450-500lb per inch, the quality of the steel used and the machines and processes to wind and treat the springs are not on par with Eibach and other TUV/DOT approved manufacturers in Germany and the US.

It's why you can buy a number of OEM cars with KW suspension as standard or track option - in 100K miles they will still be serviceable. They are also designed for ring and autobahn use and comfort for long durations - people call them numb but stable and consistent is a better desciption IMO.

According to KW who bought ST the ST suspension is a plated steel body non serviceable version of the v1 with the same springs and no dampening adjustment - a set it and forget it option. The quality of the shocks and springs will be consistent for a long time. Unless you slam the car to the ground.

Fortune Auto isnt the first to offer Swift Springs - many companies do to legitimize there brands - its a sham and people end up running much higher rates than they actually need with KW and other well dampened units and geometry. I've touched on this in other threads but real time racing was able to go from 2000-2200 lb springs to 700-1200 by fixing the roll centers and they went faster and more consistent, with happier and more comfortable drivers. Even on a race track having the least stiff, but consistent spring and matching dampener is better.

The ultra racing ladder bars are very nice, as is bracing the b pillar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts