Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im wondering what the problem could with my tsx. I have noticed that when i start my car and get out to listen it is louder than usual. Maybe it is just me, but i remembered it being a lot quiter before, does anyone know what might be the problem?

·
Registered
355 Posts
hi, im wondering what the problem could with my tsx. I have noticed that when i start my car and get out to listen it is louder than usual. Maybe it is just me, but i remembered it being a lot quiter before, does anyone know what might be the problem?
Pay for my plane ticket and I will be there :tard:

Where is the sound coming from? What does it sound like? Any videos?

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Does it sound like it's ticking? Maybe it's time for you to have a valve adjustment done.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
how many miles are on your car? things to check out/replace might be:

-serpentine belt
-spark plugs
-valve adjustment
-use a fuel cleaning product like chevron techron before you switch out your spark plugs

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
In addition to checking the areas mentioned above, take note that the TSX does not idle quietly and very smoothly to start off with. The timing chain plays a part in that and don't forget you're getting 200hp out of a NA DOHC 4 cylinder.

However if you remember it being much quieter then it is possible you need a valve adjustment or timing chain inspection done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts