Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a problem with my car until recently. Started up the car and the cel light and the triangle light came on.

I looked up the code which was P0341.

Some people have recommended replacing the timing chain, another said to replace a sensor and another mentioned replacing the VTEC actuator.

I'm not sure what to do but the car has 120k miles and it runs fine. I don't have any power loss that I know of as it runs exactly the same as when I got it in 2008. The only other issue is its leaking some oil but I'd assume that has nothing to do with it.

I reset the code with an OBD II scanner and as soon as I turn the car on the CEL kicks back in.

If the chain were skipping would it be a loud noticeable noise or would I have to really listen to hear it? I'd assume a chain skipping or grinding would make a very noticeable noise.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Either the sensor went bad or your cam chain jumped a tooth or two. What happens is over the cars life, the chain gets "stretched" which really just means it gets loose and there's excess slack. The tensioner is designed to take up the slack within limits. When the tensioner cannot take up any more slack, your chain may slip a tooth or two on the cam gears. It is highly unlikely that it will continue to slip teeth but it's possible. For that reason, you won't hear anything out of the ordinary. However, these engines are conflict engines so if the chain breaks or slips too many teeth, your engine will pretty much kill itself. You can check if it's slipped any teeth if you take off the valve cover and inspect the cam/chain position at TDC. I would get this figured out ASAP as some members who have experienced this problem found out the hard way that it pays to be pro-active.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.