Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there's a way to interface an iPod with the TSX's navigation screen - someone posted a while back talking about connecting one to the TSX... I added an MP3 player to my TSX but if there's way to control my iPod in the car (from the wheel or nav screen), that'd be better than the MP3 player from Acura, I think...

Thoughts?
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
1,092 Posts

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
Does the nav system have an aux input? If so you can just get the monster I-cable and conect that althought you will still have to control the ipod through the ipod and not the nav unit it would at least still conect to the car and it will only cost I think 30 dollars is what I got my I-cable for.
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
2kgtx said:
Does the nav system have an aux input? If so you can just get the monster I-cable and conect that althought you will still have to control the ipod through the ipod and not the nav unit it would at least still conect to the car and it will only cost I think 30 dollars is what I got my I-cable for.
There is AUX button on the nav, but I'm not sure where the input is...
 

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
On most they are behind the head unit you can normally run the cable behind the dash so it's out of the way. my cable is like 15 foot long so it's long enough to run like that.
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
2kgtx said:
On most they are behind the head unit you can normally run the cable behind the dash so it's out of the way. my cable is like 15 foot long so it's long enough to run like that.
Yea that brings back some memory from old posts. I think it is behind the HU - why wouldn't you be able to control it through nav? Isn't that what AUX is for anyway? The audio system can be controlled with nav...
 

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Yea that brings back some memory from old posts. I think it is behind the HU - why wouldn't you be able to control it through nav? Isn't that what AUX is for anyway? The audio system can be controlled with nav...
My understanding is you need the interface in order for it to control it through Nav and without it, it works just like an aux input on a home stereo system.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top