Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to replace their laggy stock navi that doesnt come with a dvd player to one that does? I imagine a complete component swap and re-wire would need to be done if the swap feasible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to give this thread another shot. So upgrading the nav without dvd capabilities in the 05 to a nav system with dvd capabilities has not been done? does anyone have any advise if i wanted to persue this mod? Thanks everyone!

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
I have yet to see any Honda navigation system play DVDs. They are only able to run the navigation disk.

Why not look into upgrading the navi system to an 06 or newer. With those you can hook up a reverse camera.

Even with that upgrade you still have to get an actual aftermarket DVD player to play on the factory screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was at the dealer and the 2011 is able to play dvd's.. if i were to settle for no dvd and want to upgrade to the 06 in order to get the backup cam. is that a fairly simple swap?

Secondly does upgrading to this 06 get rid of the laggy 1st gen nav system to where it looks crip clean and updated? Im assuming its the computer portion of the system and not just a cd upgrade.

I have yet to see any Honda navigation system play DVDs. They are only able to run the navigation disk.

Why not look into upgrading the navi system to an 06 or newer. With those you can hook up a reverse camera.

Even with that upgrade you still have to get an actual aftermarket DVD player to play on the factory screen.

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
I was at the dealer and the 2011 is able to play dvd's.. if i were to settle for no dvd and want to upgrade to the 06 in order to get the backup cam. is that a fairly simple swap?

Secondly does upgrading to this 06 get rid of the laggy 1st gen nav system to where it looks crip clean and updated? Im assuming its the computer portion of the system and not just a cd upgrade.
Was not aware the 2nd gen TSX played video DVD, just audio DVD. That is not an option to swap in(at least not cheaply by any means). The navi drive is in the dash and part of stereo unit.

The interface difference from 2005 to 2006 is slight. Still pretty looks prehistoric compared to newer Honda. But I still like my navigation over my wife's 2012 CRV.

Have never had a chance to compare connections from the 04,05 TSX with 06-08. I think someone on here has upgraded just gotta search for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.