Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's been threads on front end conversions, but I wanted to get some serious knowledge dropped on me about the specifics.

How will the 06-08 hood and headlights line up with the 04-05 OEM grille and bumper? I've seen a pic of the conversion, but with a Mugen style grille, but I'm planning to go OEM for the grille.

Will I need the 04-05 headlights? How will the 06-08 heads fit in comparison?

Will I need a 04-05 crash bar?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I forgot to mention I'm aware that I need the 04-05 radiator cover and that the fogs are different. I'm going to go the fog-less route anyways. Cleaner look IMO.

Also wanted to know if I'll need to swap the re-bars as well?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember reading that a while back. It seems more common that people convert to the 06+ front instead of the other way around. I think the 04-05 front topples over the 06+ in lip options and potential.

I also read in another thread that converting from 04-05 to 06-08 is slightly different because of the length of the hood. I can't recall where I read that, or the legitimacy of it.

I guess your'e the guy to ask here for any converting questions. Please do shed some light in my direction, I've considered this for a while. :D

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
The headlights are completely interchangeable so you won't need to replace those. Just get the bumper and grille. The hood will line up perfectly and it's the same length.

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
I remember reading that a while back. It seems more common that people convert to the 06+ front instead of the other way around. I think the 04-05 front topples over the 06+ in lip options and potential.

I also read in another thread that converting from 04-05 to 06-08 is slightly different because of the length of the hood. I can't recall where I read that, or the legitimacy of it.

I guess your'e the guy to ask here for any converting questions. Please do shed some light in my direction, I've considered this for a while. :D
My bad, I completely read your thread wrong. Thought you wanted to go from 04-05 to 06-08.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Anybody know if there is a grill that can be used for 06-08 hood without changing the bumper. I hate the 04-05 hood but prefer the bumper
If you have an 05 and want the 06+ hood, all you need to change is the hood. It will fit perfectly with your 05 bumper and any 05 grille.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 17 of 17 Posts