Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know how I would supercharger my 06 AT-tsx.

After hearing about Tsx536 and audioserf's SC I really want in on the action too.

But i have no idea where to begin. Any suggestions?

Its completely stock right now. Plz help :)?

·
CL9 to ZF1
1,461 Posts
you have to buy the SC kit (try heeltoeauto.com). the kit will require you to send your ECU to get reflashed. once you get your ecu back you install the SC and your newly reflashed ecu and youre all set. thats the quick explanation.

since your car is stock, i would also recommend you work on supporting mods first - header cat intake and exhaust are good. The SC will benefit greatly from these and you will also notice a power increase when adding these things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the basics. So i looked at heeltoeauto and ct-engineering sites but the same kit is like $400 apart. Do you know why?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Be wary of changing Cat on the 06. I did and have not been able to get rid of the CEL light since; others have done it and been fine. Just my 2 cents. The 06 Cat has more flow than the 04 05 unit anyway.

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
I agree that you should do the supporting mods first then add the SC. Also, if you are looking to get hp numbers like TSX 536 & audioserf, you are going to need kpro which is ~$1500 on top of everythng else. Marcus @ Heeltoe does offer a discount on the SC if have kpro; but kpro and the discount comes with a lose of the warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have so many questions, thanks for the help guys:

Are there such things as performance catalytic converters?

What do I look for in cat-back exhausts? (I'm sure its not just the shiny, bigger pipes that make it a performance swap...)

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
My friend, no offense, but if your knowledge in cars is that short, it is better to keep the car stock for now before you learn more about mods like all of us did at some point.

Yes there are performance/high flow catalytic converters. They make flow better just like cat-backs.

·
Evan
1,090 Posts
^^ i agree

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
walk before you crawl. alot of people here to help teach you to walk first.

·
Registered
666 Posts
as long as you have the $$$$$

add another $1000 or so for SC installation. With all the bolt ons and K-Pro, you should get SC numbers, thats what Doug at Hondata told me once. That's what I'm going for, hopfully I will have my K-pro this summer.

I bought most of my part at MODACAR.com , they have good prices also

CT Engineering Supercharger 2006 Acura TSX With Auto Transmission

1 - 12 of 12 Posts