Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: sorry guys I re-wrote this in light of new info. Rather that than spam my own post with my own comments.

Hey all,

So I've hit 140,000 miles last week on my 06 and today I went to to warm it up for 5 mins. 5 Minutes turned to 30~40 minutes.

I see something is steaming out of the front grille and hood, as I get closer I see antifreeze draining in small streams and turned the car off.

Temp gauge read all the way up and the smell of antifreeze was obvious inside. I open the hood and see that most of the antifreeze is boiling over from the reservoir tank and not anywhere else that I could immediately see.

I noted the fans were off when I had gotten to the car before turning it off.

At this point I'm looking into replacing all of my cooling components (rad, hoses, water pump, thermostat, temp sensor on rad.) As well as the serpentine belt. Even if there isn't anything wrong with them, they're all original to the car.

Next morning (today)

My a/c does turn on and both fans do work, I have error codes P0128, P2185, P2183, and P0111 stored.

The infamous sensor on the rad screwing things up as usual. I also developed a leak, looks like my radiator is the culprit, likely from pressure and overheating+age.

Is my head gasket toast for having the car idle (and ultimately overheat) for probably 30 ~35 minutes ? Doesn't seem like there's any residue yet on oil cap or anywhere noticable.

I want to look into getting a better radiator if necessary (I see it's not unless pushing +350hp but is there a preferred brand?)

Also are there better cooling fans? I figure it's time to refresh all of this since my one fan is slightly acting up, may as well get to it now.

Thanks in advance.
Nick

·
Registered
270 Posts
Denso makes an OEM replacement radiator for our car. I bought one last fall when my radiator just gave up from old age. It is universal for auto or manual, if you have a manual you just won't use the auto trans fluid lines, I just left them plugged. Fitment is perfect and a Denso part for this price can't be beat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts