Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has happened to anyone or if anyone can relate but it has probably been happening for a week or two now and basically when I'm at low rpms in ANY gear ( below 2000) and i try to accelerate with out down shifting it'll studder a few times, kind of jerk the car as if its misfiring until it passes 2000-2500rpm and then its fine. Never happen's at high revs but every morning when i start the car (cold start) and let it idle to warm up it'll sound like its back firing ever so slightly and you see the rpm drop a touch then back up to idle again till the cars warm

I had my plugs changed a few months back so im hoping its not them, and i did also think it was just bad gas so I've burned through 2 tanks of gas to make sure.

Any help would be appreciated guys
Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the same boat. It doesn't seem to matter if the car is warmed up or not. And it makes me look like I don't know how to drive a manual "hiccupping" from a start like that. I tried injector cleaner, but it made no difference. I'm starting to think it is EGR or some other air intake problem. Of possibly an electrical problem. I noticed it after a battery failure and replacement.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly it, it hiccups and makes you look retarded driving off the line. i also hear a clicking noise from my driver tweeter area every time it happens...which blows my mind even more

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alright, so I broke down and took my car to the dealer. I'll be honest, I haven't had time to actually take a look myself and find the problem. But, the dealer calls me within an hour of dropping it off, and it turns out the air intake connection had come loose from the air box. If i would have just took a minute to look under the hood, I would have seen it. But at least I got a deal on a car detail. So, i will get a nicely cleaned TSX back from the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ever figure out what the problem is? I have the exact same problem on my 04 MT
Uh yeah he did, did you read the post?

Alright, so I broke down and took my car to the dealer. I'll be honest, I haven't had time to actually take a look myself and find the problem. But, the dealer calls me within an hour of dropping it off, and it turns out the air intake connection had come loose from the air box. If i would have just took a minute to look under the hood, I would have seen it. But at least I got a deal on a car detail. So, i will get a nicely cleaned TSX back from the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can confirm that my 04 TSX with the PCV hose DISCONNECTED shutters in first gear in low RPMs.

Reconnecting the hose and re-testing resulted in no shutter in first gear.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
The solution was that the "air intake connection had come loose from the air box". Has nothing to do with a sensor. The intake pipe itself was loose.

I can confirm that my 04 TSX with the PCV hose DISCONNECTED shutters in first gear in low RPMs.

Reconnecting the hose and re-testing resulted in no shutter in first gear.

Hope this helps
Of course, you are making a massive vacuum leak. The PCV isnt a sensor its just a valve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts