Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the install of the Euro R lip kit and nothing else to modify, the car is pretty much wrapped up (as we've all said before). Other Euro R cues include blacked out window trim (leaving the chrome handles alone), painted to match grill (save for the emblem), and amber rear turn signals. Other minor details are Mugen black metal valve stems, black lug nuts, and A-Spec muffler tips. I know the kit is pretty subtle, but it's just my style.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Clean and simple. I like the look. This is how the car should be from the factory. Some weight reduction with the wheels, performance with the reflash, handling yet comfort with the CST's, and a subtle lip kit all around. +1 to you on improving all aspects of the car without compromising the factory appeal and quality!

·
Registered
126 Posts
V - what product did you use to black out your window trim? Thanks.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
looks great mate!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
looks awesome :tu:

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
looking good.
Who did you order the kit from?
I'd love to rock this kit, but I scrape as I sit now :eek:

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clean and simple. I like the look. This is how the car should be from the factory. Some weight reduction with the wheels, performance with the reflash, handling yet comfort with the CST's, and a subtle lip kit all around. +1 to you on improving all aspects of the car without compromising the factory appeal and quality!
This is probably the nicest thing anyone's said about this car. :tear: You summed up exactly my vision for this car. Much love, Mr. Dingleberry.

looks good! agree taht this is how cars should look factory. Were you looking into getting Euro headlights as well? really sets off the car imo :]
Thanks :) I thought about the Euro headlights but decided against it for a couple reasons: I wanted to stay legal with the amber reflectors and not have to change them out for the DMV, I wanted the correct LHD cutoff angle, I like having the amber corner bulbs at night opposed to the blue Euro corners, and lastly, I actually like the amber color pop if gives against the black paint.

:drool1: i want my car to be your car
Hahaha thanks man, I'm flattered.

V - what product did you use to black out your window trim? Thanks.
Blackout Tape from Pep Boys :D I tried the vinyl but it was too difficult to apply and it looked too flat and wasn't a deep enough black. I posted about it in the thread on here about blacking out the trim.

car looks very clean
Looks great!
looks great mate!
looks awesome :tu:
Clean and simple, totally my style as well. Good stuff!
Nice and clean... Keep it up
Thanks all so much! Really means a lot coming from this crowd.

looking good.
Who did you order the kit from?
I'd love to rock this kit, but I scrape as I sit now :eek:
Thanks bub. Get the kit! Got it from Boomplustoys. Pretty fast turnaround time. From the time I Paypal'd the guy, to when I installed it was about two months. I've heard Heeltoe taking over a year.

If you're scraping, raise it up some, or at least raise the front a tad so the weight isn't leaning down on the front end so much. It just isn't worth the stress and car damage imo. Believe it or not, the kit doesn't really add that much to the stock bumpers. On the front and rear adds maybe...1/2" to 3/4". But just in case, I took the advice on the DIY thread and slapped some body molding on the bottom along the front edge; can't even see it. With this kit, it's more about the shape of it rather than how much more plastic hangs that effects the look of the car. Instead of the tapered-down stock bumpers, this kit adds a slightly more aggressive/sporty stoutness towards the bottom and finishes what stock started.

·
Registered
422 Posts
that is almost exactly what i want to do with my cgp! right down to the grille! only thing different i'd like to do is a-spec side skirts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thats very nice looking, love the wheels. What size are they?
Totally agree about the Amber corners looking sweet against the black paint. I've just put the Types S/Euro kit on my 07, but hav'ent done Side skirts yet, they look good.
I have allways been worried about messing with the OEM look and function of my car, but you've got it just right.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great. Don't forget to update your signature.
Thanks and yeah I meant to change it before I even posted but I forgot :p

that is almost exactly what i want to do with my cgp! right down to the grille! only thing different i'd like to do is a-spec side skirts.
The grill was something I thought a lot about. I wanted to keep it Acura but also wanted the Euro R grill and I didn't know what to do. I think this is a decent compromise.

Thats very nice looking, love the wheels. What size are they?
Totally agree about the Amber corners looking sweet against the black paint. I've just put the Types S/Euro kit on my 07, but hav'ent done Side skirts yet, they look good.
I have allways been worried about messing with the OEM look and function of my car, but you've got it just right.
Gracias! The Mugen GP wheel specs are 18x7.5 +48. I didn't think the sideskirts were that different, but after seeing them in person, the differences are more noticeable.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts