Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states, my 06 w/ Nav won't accept the radios CORRECT anti theft code.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

Situation: Had the battery disconnected for about an hour and half while I swapped to a DC5 steering wheel. Got everything back together and the system will accept the Navi code every time but not the radio code.
Yes its the correct code for my serial number, I've used it dozens of times.

I'm hoping someone else has come across this issue with a easy fix, can't stand driving without music anymore.

After some research, I've already tried the following with no luck:

1. Disconnected battery and retried at least 10 times now
2. Disconnected the radio antenna, behind the top cubby
3. Enter the code in an underground parking garage
4. Confirmed serial number and correct anti-theft codes with dealer
5. Check #5 amp fuse on the driver kick panel fuse box

A few things I have't had time to try yet(and would rather avoid honestly)

1. Finding/disconnecting the XM antenna
2. Swapping back to the TSX wheel/sub harness

Things to note: I'm not running the TSX steering wheel sub harness because the 06-08 steering harness can't be removed from cruise and radio controls without cutting it, so for those running the EuroR wheel did you guys have any issues?

It seems its common for Acuras to not accept the radio codes but in almost all situations it was interference from the radio that unplugging resolved.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Honestly there is no reason it should not accept the code if it is the correct one.. Disconnect the battery again for a few minutes and it'll do a "hard reset" on the radio.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly there is no reason it should not accept the code if it is the correct one.. Disconnect the battery again for a few minutes and it'll do a "hard reset" on the radio.
Did that at least 10 times already, even let the car sit over night with the negative cable off.
Also have tried letting it get to ERRE or whatever it says after 10 wrong attempts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Did that at least 10 times already, even let the car sit over night with the negative cable off.
Also have tried letting it get to ERRE or whatever it says after 10 wrong attempts.
Hold down 1 &6 when you turn the radio on, get the serial number and take it to the dealer... if that doesn't work you have other issues.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no 1 and 6, I have a Navi equipped car, and like I mentioned I have the serial number already.

·
-
1,585 Posts
That is strange. The only thing I can think of, and it's not good news, is that the firmware in the radio somehow has become corrupted.
Perhaps by a shock when doing electrical work or when connecting/disconnecting the batteries.

This means the radio portion of the NAV is locked out.
Have you called the dealer to see if they have ever run into this issue?

It's unlikely the dealer can reflash the radio/NAV firmware in the assembly.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
There is nothing we can do to help via a forum. Your code may not actually be correct.

You have to go to a dealer to get it resolved. You will need to provide proof of ownership of the car and as long as the unit hasnt been damaged some how they should be able to recover it for you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am having a similar problem with my radio code. curious if you found a fix?
There are two different serial numbers if you have a NAVI equipped car. The serial number for the NAVI is located under the NAVI disk drive the trunk, when you give that number to your dealer(or online retrieval site)they'll give you two different codes, a 4 digit and 5 digit code. The 4 digit is your NAVI code, the 5 digit is unused and NOT your radio code.

Next you have to get your headunit serial number by doing this:

-Turn the ignition switch to ON.
-Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
-Turn OFF the device.
-Press and hold the seek/skip back and disk up buttons, and turn ON the device.
-The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
-And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

Use that number to get your radio code.

You can use this site:
https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

or

Call Acura customer care, and they'll walk you through it:
1(800)382-2238

Unfortunately it never worked for me, so I replaced the headunit from a local Honda&Acura yard, used the new serial number and its all gravy now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Registered just to say...

Had a very frustrating experience my 2006 TSX and managed to figure out the solution -- and since this thread shows up in the Googles first when you poke around for TSX radio problems, thought I'd drop the answer here.

As far as I know, this only applies to navi models.

If you replaced your battery and entered the code into the touchscreen (and thus unlocked the GPS display), but then later started your car and the top display showed "CODE", here is how you fix that:
1) Find the 6 digit code in your manual. You can tell you've got the right code if it is 6 digits long and none of the numerals in the code are greater than 6.
2) With the ignition in the ON position
3) Rotate the right hand knob on the radio until you see the first digit in your code show up.
4) Push the right hand knob in
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've entered all 6 digits

The car will then beep a few times and your radio will be working again. Yay!

Hope this is helpful for someone in the future :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2013 non-navi sport wagon, and received the "Enter Code" error message. Thanks to 2.2Lude for the link to the Acura site, followed instructions, and was able to fix. Might not be limited to navi models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchase 2007 tsx. it didnt have navi disk with it so i found one and installed it. works great but now i have lost ac control on screen. only way i can oerate is through voice command. how can i get controls back on screen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help! Ok, so I've followed all the advice here, thus far (Thank you!), but now I am stuck with a Navi that works and no radio. I finally called the Stealer, pardon, Dealer (who charged me over $900 for the last new battery) and of course they say to coming running right down and they'll get that radio working right away. Riiiiight. I figure that will cost me a kidney. I have the navi code, used it, and I have navi. I have the radio code, but no way of figuring out the way to "install" it. Anyone have great suggestions? Please?! I start the car and Navi pulls up. Nothing pulls up for the radio. No way of entering numbers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So frustrated. I have tried ALL of these ways of getting my radio and a/c controls back and nothing is working. Corporate tells me to go to the dealer, and the dealer says I have to have the entire unit removed to do a hard reset. And pay for it. Honestly it would be cheaper to put a down on a new BMW. (Not exaggerating - I priced this.) Is this something that just "kills" your Acura?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Registered just to say...

Had a very frustrating experience my 2006 TSX and managed to figure out the solution -- and since this thread shows up in the Googles first when you poke around for TSX radio problems, thought I'd drop the answer here.

As far as I know, this only applies to navi models.

If you replaced your battery and entered the code into the touchscreen (and thus unlocked the GPS display), but then later started your car and the top display showed "CODE", here is how you fix that:
1) Find the 6 digit code in your manual. You can tell you've got the right code if it is 6 digits long and none of the numerals in the code are greater than 6.
2) With the ignition in the ON position
3) Rotate the right hand knob on the radio until you see the first digit in your code show up.
4) Push the right hand knob in
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've entered all 6 digits

The car will then beep a few times and your radio will be working again. Yay!

Hope this is helpful for someone in the future :)
Recreated an account just to say ...

Thank you .. from the future (2020)!

I was just in the very same predicament with my 2006 Acura TSX: got the CODE message, but had no way of calling up a code-entry display screen. Your procedure worked as advertised.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts