Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post, hope I m doing it right.
I recently purchased an 06 TSX 6sp MT. after a day or so I noticed a grinding noise when shifting on reverse,acceleration lag hard to shift gear. I took it back to the dealership they replace the clutch master cylinder and the slave clutch cylinder, that didn't fix the issue. They went and replace the clutch, that fix the issue..no more grinding noise, shift smooth as butter, driving as new. A week after the repair, the shift is not as smooth as it was an the acceleration is laggish as before...however there's no grinding noise whatsoever.
*it starts happening after I fill up the tank at this random gas station, on my way home last night. Never got gas there before...but I don't see how this can be related to shifting gear*
car has 102K - stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! I have an 06 MT too. 120k. Also in south florida! I am no professional but I can share my experiences that seem to be similar. The grinding going into reverse seems to be common in our cars from what Ive read. Best way to combat it is to shift into third then into reverse. Also make sure you are at a complete stop before shifting into reverse. As for the acceleration lag it could be one of the sensors going bad. I experienced the same problem and now my car is going into limp mode (check engine light, VSA light, car wont go passed a certain RPM). Does the car seem jerky in lower gears? For me its the APP sensor that's bad and is causing the non responsive/jerkiness. Another one of those common problems with the tsx.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive also had experiences to where I fill up at random gas stations and the gas ends up being bad causing the car to drive like crap. Happened to my truck and corolla.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
The Drive by wire system is known to be a laggy system, you essentially need to keep your foot lightly on the throttle between shifts to make sure you don't lose too many rpms.

As for the grinding issue, this is due to sticky/worn out throwout bearing. Lack of grease on input shaft makes the T.O.B get stuck temporarily.
The best way to combat this issue is to shift into 1st/3rd before shifting in reverse, or push the clutch in, wait a few seconds then shift into reverse.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Might be snake oil but I'm at 160k Miles now and I shortened up some of the slack in the DWB. It is located under a black shield on passenger side back of the engine, you can see a wire cable running to it.

I just shortened the line a couple of mm and left just a hair less than 1/2 inch of slack. Pedal response was better and rpm's responded higher on the pedal.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
^ I did the same thing, I tightened the slack, its more of a placebo than anything..

Resetting the ECU might give you better results.
Turn off all accessories (AC Radio, etc)
Turn off Car
Turn ignition to (II) without starting engine
Press and hold accelerator pedal to floor 30 seconds
Turn ignition off, Keep foot down another 30, take key out

eventually the ECU will "re-learn" your driving habits, but its good to do every month or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts