Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, keep your pants on, it's not out yet. :tard:

But since Justin is making the scene here, I figure it's not too early to get a little jump on things. :D

The rest of us can all put in our $0.02 and our wish lists and pretend we know what we're talking about, just like happens on the other sites :D then eventually Justin can come in with the real deal.

So: What's going to be in the '06 TSX, and when is it coming out?

C'mon you don't really think I have the foggiest idea, do you? But who cares, it never stopped us before. :D

Good guesses of course would be some of the stuff on the TL and RL, and Sept. or Oct. '05.

OK, I'll start off the fantasy and pretend game.

220 hp
SH-AWD ("super-handling")
"delivers the optimal torque split between front and rear wheels but also varies the amount of torque available to right and left rear wheels....to benefit handling, roadholding, and feel."
Retractable mirrors
Bluetooth
Improved Nav system (not just updated)
Another $500 increase in MSRP

Plus of course everything that's already on the '05, which includes power passenger seat, heated mirrors, and XM radio.

Larchmont, who has no idea what he's talking about, but a vivid imagination. :D

(About the Nav: As I've said before, although our Nav is quite great, there are many little things that IMO are a little bit dumb and you'd think could be ironed out.)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Hey, can one of you mods capitalize TSX in the title for me?
Tried to do it via edit, but wouldn't go!)

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
electrochromatic side mirriors
memory system for driver seat & mirrors
bluetooth
and yes they are going to have to make it more powerful to compete in this segment (which will grow in 06 with the IS250, A3, 125i, Mazdaspeed 6)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
larchmont said:
(Hey, can one of you mods capitalize TSX in the title for me?
Tried to do it via edit, but wouldn't go!)
done!:)

As for your predictions on the '06 TSX, I hope they have something like a Type S. 200HP for base and 220HP for a Type S, plus SH-AWD as an option!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
SH-AWD...I highly...HIGHLY doubt it...

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
How about IMA? I'd love to be able to trade in the '04 for a '06 TSX with IMA. :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pocketkiller said:
electrochromatic side mirrors
What are those?

Agent_Chen said:
Thank you, AC!

Agent_Chen said:
As for your predictions on the '06 TSX, I hope they have something like a Type S. 200HP for base and 220HP for a Type S, plus SH-AWD as an option!
If they do what we want in the basic TSX, the TSX will be basically a Type S!

Revenent said:
How about IMA? I'd love to be able to trade in the '04 for a '06 TSX with IMA. :)
For the benefit of the peanut gallery: That basically means hybrid, right?

TSX 'R' US said:
SH-AWD...I highly...HIGHLY doubt it...
Why?

Larchmont, who thinks he just broke the record for number of people quoted in one post. :D

·
13,780 Posts
1. Could those be auto-dimming side mirrors?
2. N/A
3. Didn't a lot of people view the TSX as already an Type S style vehicle, especially since it already had VSA?
4. Yes.
5. If the TL doesn't get it, probably very unlikely the TSX will.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Revenent said:
....3. Didn't a lot of people view the TSX as already an Type S style vehicle, especially since it already had VSA?
I certainly did (and do).
But if it gets that other stuff, then I think an additional Type S might really be superfluous (good word). :D

.....5. [re SH-AWD] If the TL doesn't get it, probably very unlikely the TSX will.
Right -- but I'd be speculating that the TL would get it too.
Why wouldn't you think it might?

·
13,780 Posts
larchmont said:
I certainly did (and do).
But if it gets that other stuff, then I think an additional Type S might really be superfluous (good word). :D

Right -- but I'd be speculating that the TL would get it too.
Why wouldn't you think it might?
The TL just went through a massive redesign. The likelihood of another radical redesign would be minimal. Most likely, the TL will get it in about 3 years time, when it goes through a mid-life redesign.

As for the TSX - when will the Euro/JDM Accord go through its redesign? Our best bet of getting any major functional upgrades would be at that time. Given the European mindset (as well as Lexus putting out more environmentally friendly vehicles), my bet is on the IMA/hybrid for the Euro Accord (as we already have the Accord Hybrid here), which will probably translate into the TSX getting somewhat the same thing.

Also, with Honda pushing more for mainstream, I'm thinking that AWD (possibly a "dumbed-down" version of the SH-AWD) might become an option for the Accord and possibly for the Acura line as well. However, that's an low possibility at best - but it would be somewhat following Honda's current slew of new vehicle types.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Exactly what Rev said... The TL will get SH-AWD before the TSX will.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pocketkiller said:
Yes they are auto-dimming side-mirrors. Just like our rear view mirror which blocks out the glare of those SUV headlights in your eyes.
Don't know about y'all, but regarding the rear-view mirror, I would just as soon do without that feature.

I liked it fine the old-fashioned way, and I very often wish it was just that.

But yes, for the side mirrors, I think that would be great. Do a lot of cars have that?

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
larchmont said:
Don't know about y'all, but regarding the rear-view mirror, I would just as soon do without that feature.

But yes, for the side mirrors, I think that would be great. Do a lot of cars have that?
I would say about 90% of cars over 30k have that.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
larchmont said:

You can turn off the auto-dim rear view mirror you know and have it your "old fashioned way".

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pocketkiller said:
You can turn off the auto-dim rear view mirror you know and have it your "old fashioned way".
As long as you're mentioning that..... :D ...... I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Or I should just :rtfm: :reading:

(Note to mods: We could use "rtfm.") :D

Which button do we press for that? I think it's the RED one, but I've been hesitant to press it because it looks like a panic button.

In my old TL-S ('03), I think there WAS a panic button there that looked like that.....

·
13,780 Posts
The "off" button for the auto-dimming rear view mirror should be the one on the mirror itself. It should be beside the optical sensor that's at the bottom of the mirror.

For me, I had to hold it down a bit, and then the light indicating auto-dimming on would go off.

The only bad thing would be the fact that there isn't that little flip thing that the non-auto-dimming mirrors have.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Revenent said:
The "off" button for the auto-dimming rear view mirror should be the one on the mirror itself. It should be beside the optical sensor that's at the bottom of the mirror.

For me, I had to hold it down a bit, and then the light indicating auto-dimming on would go off.

The only bad thing would be the fact that there isn't that little flip thing that the non-auto-dimming mirrors have.
Thanks -- but it seemed to me that there's multiple buttons there.
Anyway I know there's one RED one.....I guess that's it?

I agree about the "flip thing." If the car had that, we'd always have a good choice.

Larchmont, who never never ever had any problem with that old flip thing.

·
13,780 Posts
Hmmmmm - do you have the navi or non-navi model? I have the non-navi model.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Revenent said:
Hmmmmm - do you have the navi or non-navi model? I have the non-navi model.
Aha!!! -- maybe that's it.

Nav.

Larchmont, who's gonna take a closer look tomorrow.
Except I'll probably totally forget. :D

1 - 20 of 101 Posts