Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong section but,
This is my first post since i've joined the forum.
I went to a dealership today and was looking at an 06 TSX that has 105,999 miles on it. My question is am I getting a good deal on this TSX.

$5000 down and about $10,000 in loan.
06 Specs
-rear spoiler
-automatic
-navi
-black interior
-Carbon Gray Pearl (i think)
-Stick engine/ rims
-little scuffs here and there
-engine seems to be running well when test driving it

Additional information
-carfax says 1 accident reported involving front or side impact with another vehicle (can someone tell me if this means its a salvage tittle because the dealer says it isn't)

Thank you for your time, any input in this is well appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Doesn't really seem like a good deal to me. You can get a better deal if you looked else where. If the carfax states there has been an accident but still has a clean title, mostly likely the air bags did not deploy. If you really can't find a better deal and would like to finance through a car dealership, I would use the accident and mileage to try and bring the price down a bit. $15,000 seems a bit steep for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought 15 is a bit high for 5 years? so far i think thats the best i have seen in socal. I tried my best to get the price as low as possible but damn dealer wont budge

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
what is the price of the car before taxes, etc. That would give me a better idea if it is good or bad.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Thats a lot of miles for an 06. On one hand, its probably mostly highway miles which aren't as damaging as city miles (stop and go). On the other hand, that still is a lot of miles for an 06. That car was pretty much driven 20-25k miles a year. I'd offer 12k out the door. They'll probably say no and call you back about it in a couple days but you gotta be patient if you have your eyes set on that car.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I paid 16400 before Tax and license for an 06 w/ tech package and only 50K miles. I think I over paid but it had low miles and this one was the Color / Tranny combination I wanted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try to renegotiate, the car fax averaged the car being driving at about 26,000 miles per year. I like the tsx, but just wish i can find one with a stick for that price. We had all or at least most of the paper work done and he said I would be paying about 171 per month i thought that was a little high??

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I will try to renegotiate, the car fax averaged the car being driving at about 26,000 miles per year. I like the tsx, but just wish i can find one with a stick for that price. We had all or at least most of the paper work done and he said I would be paying about 171 per month i thought that was a little high??
keep looking for a manual tsx then. Be patient and it'll pay off

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
I like the tsx, but just wish i can find one with a stick for that price.
If you want a stick, you should hold out for a stick. The TSX is more fun to drive, and you don't want to be one of the people who eventually swap AT to MT or trade in their cars to get a stick.

MT isn't as common as AT, so you'll have to be patient in order to find one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you want a stick, you should hold out for a stick. The TSX is more fun to drive, and you don't want to be one of the people who eventually swap AT to MT or trade in their cars to get a stick.

MT isn't as common as AT, so you'll have to be patient in order to find one.
^^agreed...it took me a little while after I was ready to find the right car, but I did eventually end up with an '06, 6-speed w/navi (wasn't especially looking for navi at the time but I have to admit it does come in handy! :) )
Just for comparison, I bought it almost exactly a year ago, had 87k miles, one (female! lol) owner, no accidents, few little scrapes here and there, for $13.5k, before any/all fees. Bought it from an Acura dealer, it wasn't certified though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just bought my wifes 06 tsx with 88k miles ,auto with no nav for $12k from a private seller. saved a few hundred by under reporting what i paid for it. i woulda liked the tech package but wasnt willing to cough up the extra people were asking for. especially when you can buy gps for like $100.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts