Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a pwp a-spec kit and was wondering if the bottom part of the rear lip is already painted black, or if i will need to. tia

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's fricken awesome. So the dealer called and said they got the parts, I asked how much to install, they said about $500 I said wow.. Guess I'm gonna give it a shot myself. I got the PDF with directions.. I really want to get the foglamp holders painted pwp tho, what's a gud price?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
rear lip is easy to install. just follow the directions in the pdf and you'll be fine.

i got my mugen grill painted for 100 bucks to give you an idea of howmuch it could cost.

·
Registered
202 Posts
aye u know the black plastic part for da rear lip, (aspec) you guys taking about yah mines for some reason is slowing turning white, and no longer black, you think i can just paint it black straight up, or what? is da paint gonna stick since its plastic, lmk guys thanks

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
I'm sure that doesnt look permanent. It looks like you could use a detailing product to bring it back to the original plastic.

However, painting isnt an issue, you could even plastidip it. I plastidipped my front fog covers this past weekend, overall took an hour + to do 5-6 coats. (No sanding/priming required)

Original:

Finished product:

Try a cleaning product first to clean the plastic, if not, plastidip is cheap and if done right, looks flawless. :) Hope that helps

·
wine em, dine em, cl9 em
940 Posts
plastidip seems like a good solution, but what about it chipping away from road debris?

i used to own an a3 vw golf, and the black plastics on VWs are notorious for this. i remember buying a product called "back to black" or "restore black" from an auto store. this was almost a black dye that completely rejuvenated these pieces.

·
Registered
202 Posts
plastidip!!! i forgot about that, damn, EURTSX!! damn da results turn out pretty clean btw how much plastidip did u end up using all together,

i might try that back to black, first if it wont work, i'll try to find time to plastidip them all,
thanx guys

·
Registered
202 Posts
he's joking.

Urban Dictionary: Once you go black, you never go back

Honestly, I've used back to black before and its great, but i'm not sure if it'll be a permanent fix for you. Your plastic looks pretty bad (maybe the salt from the ocean since you live in hawaii).
shettt haha i figured it was that stupid quote hah lmao,
yah i think so, damn salt n humidity, yah if anything i go try out da back to black first till i find da time to do da permantnat plastidip for da rear lip plastic part and fog light trims,

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I have no experience with plastidip but I would go with something more permanent like paint. the foglight covers come off so maybe practice on those first

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have no experience with plastidip but I would go with something more permanent like paint. the foglight covers come off so maybe practice on those first
yah me to i have never worked with plastidip b4, but i might ask my friend who has, i considered painting it first but, dont know if i should prime b4 paint, since its just plastic yenoe, but not sure on it, but hey, i got 3 options now hah "BACK TO BLK", "PLASTIDIP"" "or "just paint Um" hah

1 - 20 of 24 Posts