Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just did a A/T to M/T conversion and my car won't start. I was told since I put a M/T ecu the immobilizer is a problem. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes you need to link the ecu to the immobilizer, I’m having the same issue what year is your vehicle ? Also what year the the Ecu you bought ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
good I don’t think you need to run the can cable to the obd2 that’s good news, you need to have the dealer program your immobilizer or buy a tool and do it yourself

·
-
1,597 Posts
Hi. I just did a A/T to M/T conversion and my car won't start. I was told since I put a M/T ecu the immobilizer is a problem. Anyone know anything about this?

Since you already had an auto trans and an auto trans ECU in the 2007 TSX, in theory, you could have purchased Hondata FlashPro for the 2007-08 TSX, flashed in a manual trans program into your 2007 auto trans ECU and been good to go.

This would have saved you purchasing a 2007-08 manual trans ECU and you wouldn't have to tow the car to a dealer to configure the immobilizer to the new ECU.

The only negative with using the 2007-08 auto trans ECU with the new manual trans would be the lack of reverse lockout in the trans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could had saved money if I've known about the immobilizer. It's ok though it's a project car and I'm not in a big rush to get it on the road. Good experience and hopefully I can help someone that's plans on doing this conversation. I spent less 2k on all the parts.

·
-
1,597 Posts
Perhaps you could post up pics and details of your auto trans to manual trans swap?

Many folks would be interested, since this swap is not easy nor common.

Can you provided details on how you modified the firewall to accommodate the clutch pedal.
If I recall correctly, the mods to the firewall are the most difficult part of the swap.
The rest is patience and money for manual trans parts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts