Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I am new here, not new to Honda vehicles.
What I have going on, is I picked up an auto a71 ecu for my ‘04 MT. I took the car to Acura to have it vin changed, and immobilizer to key, and no go. A71 ecu is looking for in parking switch as far as I am aware (what they said). The only thread I can find on this is hondata forum.
I’ve tried looking for wiring information so to could wire this up, to no avail. Everyone says rsx is similar and go off that. Some of the plugs I seen were in fact different. I’ve now gone to the yard and pulled out an auto TSX shifter box and some of the wiring to the ecu. Manual ecu’s are hard to come by, so I was just going to run auto for the time being and figure out reverse lock out and wire something up or to brake switch. This car burns oil, and I have an engine and trans in process for rebuild with cam and intake and such. I’d like to flash for track use, and back to stock for street use. I have already made can bus connecter wires and re-pin the data connecter. Everyone says go to Honda and have it programmed, but they can’t do it. What is everyone doing to fix this problem? It was a two week wait for the re-program, and I already paid time for something that failed. When going to ktuner, does it change vin? What about immobilizer? Only off or can set it up as well? When program swap to manual, when going back to stock, does it go back to auto? This whole thing sucks. I don’t know what to do.
I’ll try and see if I can post pictures.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Cable Safety glove

this plug here, I have for the automatic. There is a wire that I don’t have in mine. Nearest I can find, says around five volts go in here.
Finger Electrical wiring Thumb Gas Circuit component

Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Gadget Gas Cable

Electrical wiring Adapter Data transfer cable Cable Electronic engineering

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Circuit component Electronic engineering Engineering Hardware programmer Electrical wiring

there is a ground, and one power. If I can figure this out, I could have programmed at Acura. I’d rather not lock the dongle to an ecu that is not properly programmed. I hope someone can help me out here. I’d like to make sure all this stuff works first before an engine swap.

· -
1,807 Posts
Wow, none of all those wiring mods should be needed.

1st up is to open up your new ECU and check for any corrosion or bulging capacitors.
If yes, it's toast.

I don't see any mention of the Hondata Canbus wiring harness in your post.
Did you purchase and install the Hondata Canbus wiring harness and repin your OBDII connector?

Edit: re-reading your 1st post, I now see that you made your own Canbus harness and did re-ping the OBDII connector.

Will an OBDII scanner of the dealer's scan tool connect and communicate with your auto trans ECU when it is installed?

Any auto trans messages or errors will go away as soon as you Flash your auto trans ECU with the Hondata manual trans program.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! 👋
Yes. Acura was able to get into it, however they could not perform the Immobilizer and vin change due to the ecu looking for parking switch. They said it needed to be in park. So can bus was a success (what a pain in the @$$). I am at a total loss on what to do here. The manual ecu’s are dead hard to get ahold of, and with our foreign brothers needing them also it seems. Any help to the right direction would be helpful to me. I want to do this before I go into other mods for the vehicle and an engine and trans swap.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well.
132 views. The response here kinda sucks. If you run improper vin, shame on you.
Anyways.
I am going to do this wire up here. I’ve done others, but new to TSX. So. Yeah. You guys will get one. Don’t mean I won’t need help though.

So. Next up. The Immobilizer on the switch. Does that lock itself to the ecu? Like can’t go back? I changed immobilizer and tried ecu swap. Back to stock 6spd ecu key light won’t go off. I am assuming here, switch locked itself to auto ecu. Cause don’t start manual stock ecu. I have downloaded like 100 pages from alldata. I am going to poke around in there….
Hood Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper

· -
1,807 Posts
Several folks on this forum have successfully done what you are trying to do.
ie. installing an 2007-08 auto trans ECU in a manual trans 2004-06 TSX.

Hondata's instructions, as I posted above, are pretty clear. It should work... :)

Have you contacted Hondata?

The only thing I can think of is does the manual trans FlashPro ECU program have to be downloaded to the auto trans ECU prior to the Honda dealer configuring the immobliizer and correcting the VIN in the ECU?

When the manual trans program is downloaded to the auto trans ECU, it will disable all the auto trans functions including the errors you are seeing.

But the replacement auto trans ECU will have the old VIN number in it. If you load FlashPro on it, it will be locked to the wrong VIN number.
This could be risky as the dealer will change the VIN number in the auto trans ECU and then you won't be able to unlock your FlashPro programmer.

We must be missing something simple...

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey Currently going through this situation.
I have all anti theft parts from the same donor car (07 ecu, immobilizer, key, key cylinder, and Imoes unit)
after checking wiring diagrams on pro demand I found 04-06 don't have the Imoes unit, which is apparently the part of the 07-08 ecus verification system for the anti theft. So from my understanding if I put the 07 dash in with the missing connector that isn't in the 04 the eco should recognize and not need the dealership relearn. and after that all I will need is to reflash the ecu with Hondata. tl;dr gonna have to put an 07 interior in my 04 tsx to fit one extra module to make the car think everything is okay.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How strange. This sounds like much more work on your end then needs to be done. I have immobilizer, mine is 04. I used a snap-on scanner and was able to have everything running with the original keys to the car. Minus the vin change. I did not have all the other parts that you mention here. You will need to run the can bus wiring under the dash, and change the dlc port wiring in order for it to work. I have used both an auto, and manual no extra stuffs.

You do not specify if auto or manual. If you are ever going to do any smog or whatever, the ecu will need the correct vin. The reason I went as far as I did.
In order to do this for the auto, you must have all the can bus wires done, and ecu d6 short to ground. D6 is 4.5 volts, and ground short out to body via the switch on the transmission, NOT the shifter.
Originally I had a auto ecu and Honda vert. I have since changed to a manual ecu, and ktuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts