Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see how my 07 would sound with the "guts" removed from the factory mufflers, so I cut the tops open, and went at it. It's not much louder it seems, but has a bit of "throat" to it now.

Here's what the inside of our mufflers look like.
Enjoy.

·
-
1,567 Posts
Thanks for the muffler cutaway pics. Is the muffler EXIT at the top or the bottom of your pictures?

Despite 2 resonators and 2 mufflers, the stock TSX exhaust after the cat is not restrictive at all.
This can be seen by numerous folks installing an aftermarket cat back exhaust and showing virtually no gains on a dyno.

I removed the 2 resonators years ago. They are both just straight thru. Not restrictive at all, therefore no power gain with removal.
Removal of both is totally easy and cheap and adds just a bit of burble and attitude to the exhaust note.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the muffler cutaway pics. Is the muffler EXIT at the top or the bottom of your pictures?

Despite 2 resonators and 2 mufflers, the stock TSX exhaust after the cat is not restrictive at all.
This can be seen by numerous folks installing an aftermarket cat back exhaust and showing virtually no gains on a dyno.

I removed the 2 resonators years ago. They are both just straight thru. Not restrictive at all, therefore no power gain with removal.
Removal of both is totally easy and cheap and adds just a bit of burble and attitude to the exhaust note.
The tops of the images are the inlet sides of the muffler. Both left and right sides were identical.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The tops of the images are the inlet sides of the muffler. Both left and right sides were identical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts