Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am on journey to swap my 07 tsx from auto to a manual. A lot of people say just to buy another car but I have already lowered it, added full bolt ons, body kits etc. Therefore I really do not want to sell my car and just "find" a MT. I have seen this thread which explains all of the parts needed to complete this task. Official MT Swap Parts List! However, he did not switch over his ECU or cluster so with that I have two questions. Would my check engine light go on, and would my AT cluster just switch in-between reverse in drive, even when in reality I would be going through all the gears on a MT.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes there would be a cel because all the sensors and solenoids on the A/T would not be present. No, you would not see R or D on your instrument cluster unless you took the time to rig up wiring or a mechanism for the transmission range sensor to operate.
If I were doing this swap, I would get the engine/ transmission harness, ECU, and instrument cluster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there would be a cel because all the sensors and solenoids on the A/T would not be present. No, you would not see R or D on your instrument cluster unless you took the time to rig up wiring or a mechanism for the transmission range sensor to operate.
If I were doing this swap, I would get the engine/ transmission harness, ECU, and instrument cluster.
thank you alot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts