Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really hoping you guys can help me out with this. I recently just did a clutch replacement on my '08 Acura TSX/non-navi. Only 38,000 miles on it but clutch went out already (wife can drive stick but has bad habits with holding clutch in). While dropping the transmission, didn't see a sensor or plug still connected and it snapped when the tranny came out. It's located underneath the "levers" that shift the gears in the transmission. Pictures to follow. My friend and I tried replacing it with an exact same connecter from an old Acura Integra and it fit. Made sure the wiring was correct and shrink-tubed it after i twisted the wires together. Tested the clutch before I put the air filter box in. Car drove like new. After I put everything back in, I noticed my "Check Emissions" light came on, Speedometer can't tell me how fast I'm going and my mileage counter isn't moving. I've driven at least 10 miles, but mileage still reads the same as before I started the work. Anyone can help me think this out? I tried re-doing the wiring, not working. Bout to check the fuses next and then try and get codes done.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like somethings not right with the speed sensor, when you try to clear the codes do they come right back or take a while to comer back? Double and triple check your work... thats the only advise I have lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double checked the work.....VSS is loose. Wasn't secured with the bolt and can't find the bolt that goes to it. Gonna try and check on the codes for the other stuff. Any idea on the dimensions for the bolt like thread count, length, any of it?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Double checked the work.....VSS is loose. Wasn't secured with the bolt and can't find the bolt that goes to it. Gonna try and check on the codes for the other stuff. Any idea on the dimensions for the bolt like thread count, length, any of it?
Nah I don't know off the top of my head... its for sure metric (obviously)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it was the speed sensor for sure. Had to go to my auto shop and hunt down a bolt that fit. Once I found one, learned I had to tighten it down all the way. Might possibly have stripped the threading on the bolt. Some of it came off when I had to recheck the sensor. Once i got it on and did a factory reset on the Acura, all the lights went away. Now my issue is possibly replacing the speed sensor. Or hitting it with a hammer. It's kinda sluggish when driving, I'm sure its accurate 95% if not 100. It took driving a few miles as well for it to correct itself, at first it wouldn't move. Then it started jumping to speed. Any suggestions of if I should replace it or how I can test if it's "calibrated?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New problem now.......

Thanksgiving night, my wife was driving and all of a sudden she had grinding issues. It felt like the car was beginning to stall, but worse. She was doing everything she was supposed to and I tested it after her. You could feel grinding on the pedal, but nothing then all seemed fine and the VSS went out again.

Yesterday, I pulled out the VSS and saw marks on it. It had been grinding on something so I guess I put it in too far? I didnt think that was possible. I put the VSS back in just so I could drive it and order a new one....now the car won't start. I had just driven the car 15 minutes before I pulled the VSS out. If I could get the car started, any time I put it in Reverse or release the clutch, it would shut off and die. And it takes a minute after that to start. What....the....fuuuuc. Any ideas? So far I've heard it could be:

Alternator (Doesnt make sense to me)
Main Relay
Fuel Pump
ECU

I did do a "factory reset" without my air intake on and tested the car by moving forward and back without it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts