Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been a few folks on here who have been or going through this issue. I have changed every single TPMS sensors with aftermarket and back to OEM. I have put brand new initiators and even swapped out the receiver and the sensors still wont communicate. I have a TPMS tool and the relearn progress always fails. I dunno what else to do. Trying to avoid the Stealership. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please keep me posted on what was done if problem is resolved. Really curious on what's triggering this issue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
419 Posts
When you say it won't communicate does that mean that the receiver recognizes the sensors but won't read the pressure? Do you get any error codes? Did you just replace your rims?

Can you give us more details about the circumstances? Did this issue just arise one day as you were driving? Did you service your wheels/brakes and then the issue arose?

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been battling this issue going on the third year next month. It's started off intermittently. When I changed to winter tires, it stopped working. The winter rims have OEM sensors as well. When I swapped back to summers with brand new OEM sensors. The system was telling me to check mt TPMS system. Bought another set of OEM sensors and still nothing. Bought brand new initiators, still nothing works. Swapped out the receiver and no luck. Did a scan and codes 32 34 36 and 38 popped up. Can't remember exactly what they mean off the top of my dome but something about not receiving signal and not being registered. I did a brake job two months ago but the issue was around before all that. So I am looking into other areas that can trigger off this problem

·
Registered
419 Posts
Assuming that your receiver, initiators and sensors are good, I would recommend going to a tire shop and seeing if they can scan your sensors with their tool and see if they get a reading. And then have them reset your sensors. I'm thinking that with all the changes the line of communication was changed and now has to reset with the proper tools. Your tool may not be sufficient.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tire shop was running into the exact same problem I have been running into. I don't know if there is a special way to reset the system seeing how the first gens dont have a TPMS button. I do recall jumping 1 and 4 on the OBDII port,it brings me to a tpms service menu on the MID display. It shows me the dtc codes for the tpms system and the ability to select Yes or No to service it but I don't know how to toggle though the menu. I am lost at this point. Dont know what else to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts