Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
**Chrystal**
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.. i would like some help/opinions on rim size and color.. i like the large lip styles but seems to make the rim apear smaller so i was thinking 18s might not look that much larger in that style so wanting to go 19s or 20s?? i attatched pic of rim i like the most..the rest i couldnt attach. i like the valencias the most because of the lip, but not sure the size or color i should go with. 18s seems to small for that syle but 20s may be too big. but if i go with 19s are tires harder to find..idk if i like the inbetweener..lol....help please... thanks for your time

Attachments

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Ok, so this is just my opinion so you can discard it if you wish, but black wheels with polished lip are slightly overplayed. I just see too many stock cars with those types of wheels on them. I would go either all black or all chrome, or like carbon grey with a chrome lip. But hey, if you really like the black with chrome lip, then don't let my opinion stop you. For PWP, you might look into white wheels or even go extreme with pink or green. Your safest bet is probably some form of grey like carbon grey.

As for size, I'd stick with 18s. 19s might look a little too big on the 1st gen TSXs so you can imagine how 20s will look. Plus tires will be cheaper if you go with 18s.

·
**Chrystal**
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. i apreciate your opinion. did you happen to look at my albums i have a few more ideas.. or same rim in dif colors.. it would be amazing to have the rim in pink, but im not sure if that would be too much or even go with my car/color. would be nice to have white rim but my car is off-white pearl color :/ so if you can id apreciate if ya checked out the albums and get back to me. thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Ok, so this is just my opinion so you can discard it if you wish, but black wheels with polished lip are slightly overplayed. I just see too many stock cars with those types of wheels on them. I would go either all black or all chrome, or like carbon grey with a chrome lip. But hey, if you really like the black with chrome lip, then don't let my opinion stop you. For PWP, you might look into white wheels or even go extreme with pink or green. Your safest bet is probably some form of grey like carbon grey.

As for size, I'd stick with 18s. 19s might look a little too big on the 1st gen TSXs so you can imagine how 20s will look. Plus tires will be cheaper if you go with 18s.

:thumbsup:

Only some tsxers rock 19's fine.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Are you lowering the car? The matte black or silver valencia would be nice.
Lowering makes a huge difference with wheels. My car looked just OK with carbon grey wheels with a polished lip. Once I lowered it, it made a world of difference.

If you do plan on lowering your car, then you might want to do some research on wheel offset, wheel width and tire sizes. :)

thanks.. i apreciate your opinion. did you happen to look at my albums i have a few more ideas.. or same rim in dif colors.. it would be amazing to have the rim in pink, but im not sure if that would be too much or even go with my car/color. would be nice to have white rim but my car is off-white pearl color :/ so if you can id apreciate if ya checked out the albums and get back to me. thanks again :)
Here you go...you can look through this:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-image-gallery/24142-color-specific-picture-thread-pwp.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts