Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 09 with a manual trans used with 46k. Love the car but i notice its rough getting it into 3rd gear. This is not my first manual car.. When going from second to third it doesnt seem to want to engage..like its getting hung up.. Cant tel you how many times ive grinded. All other gears are smooth. Anyone having a similar issue???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup. I just got mine about 3months ago and I'm noticing the same problem I thought I was the only one haven't seen anybody else post anything about it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont understand why it would be that one gear in particular. is yours also getting hung up going into third? is that the only one your having an issue with? Also my xm reception sucks. i used to have a 2010 jetta tdi and i never had any issues with satelite. It's not even enjoyable to listen to in the tsx. Cuts out ALL the time

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah that's the only gear that gives me problems, all the other ones are fine and smooth .
On the xm part I don't have problems unless I go under over passes or in garages. If you look on the forum a lot of people also had XM problems. Try to look for it in here and take it to the dealer they said that it only happens with the 09

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. the dealership is pretty close. im getting tired of going in there. before i purchased the car it had 4 michelins on it..delivery there were 3 michelins and one hancook. didnt notice til i was on the highway. they replaced it back and threw it on another trade in. not that happy with the dealer thus far. but thanks again hopefully that will solve the problem

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
I have an 09 6spd too. My 3rd gear grinding issues was because I had to learn new driving habits (shorter throws on my previous car). I did change out the fluid on my car (49k miles) to Honda OEM for piece of mind, and threw in a CT short shifter adapter. Feels better and smoother.

I would say try changing your MTF and see if that makes a difference. It's a temporary fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts