Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bardi
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a one piece short shifter for the CU2 chassis. Since I don't own one, i need someone to collaborate with. I'm looking for someone to install (take pics along the way), test, and review the shifter. Lessons learned will be used to develop a short shifter kit. The shifter is free for the right person willing to help develop it. Please only respond if you are up to the task, and are in the situation to react quickly if tweaks and changes are required.

About the shifter:
All stainless, tig welded, and polished. The shifter has a 30% reduction in throw, and 1" shorter in knob height. Extra counterweight has been added on the upper side to help with shifter feel.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey man I posted this link over on one of the FB TSX groups - tons more traffic so I'm sure someone will take you up on it.

Are you also working on 1st gen shifters again? I remember hearing you were collaborating with Marcus and Heeltoe. Would love any updates if there are any!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 manual. I have been looking for a short shifter (been thinking about the CT one), but this looks very promising

·
Bardi
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bored, no. Lack of time, yes. This is a hobby, and not a job for me. I pick up where I left off every chance I get. Live just gets in the way for fun car projects.

I didnt pull the trigger on another 04-08 shifter buy. The shop I was buying the shifters from increased cost by 25%. Not something I could do, and stay within budget. I tried shopping it around to another local shop with no better results. I have to look out of the state for better deals, or increase the price a bit. Anyways, you have my cell.

I have to see if buyers are willing to pay a bit more than the last buy, or purchase a larger lot so price can decrease back to normal.

As far as the CU2 shifters go, I already had the parts made. Not a lot of effort to get them going again with the right tester.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts