Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing and waxing my car and I notice very minor spots where the paint is coming off to reveal the plastic bumper. There are also some rust spots on the front and sides of my car. I'm worried the rust will get out of hand and the paint should not be peeling to where I can see the bumper. The car is only four years old I wash it about twice a month once in a carwash and once at home finished my a wax. Also my cup holder cover will not close. Any ideas the paint is freaking me out... I know for the 09's in the consumer guide they got low ratings for body integrity and breaks but come on the paint shouldn't be this bad for a 35,000 dollar car.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was washing and waxing my car and I notice very minor spots where the paint is coming off to reveal the plastic bumper. There are also some rust spots on the front and sides of my car. I'm worried the rust will get out of hand and the paint should not be peeling to where I can see the bumper. The car is only four years old I wash it about twice a month once in a carwash and once at home finished my a wax. Also my cup holder cover will not close. Any ideas the paint is freaking me out... I know for the 09's in the consumer guide they got low ratings for body integrity and breaks but come on the paint shouldn't be this bad for a 35,000 dollar car.

The paint on the bumper should not come of the way you describe. Have it lokked at by the dealer. My car is currently at the dealer to hav e the sideskirts repainted. The irst time the installed the m the paint came loose. The ordered a new set and a week later the second set of sideskirts had the smae problem with paint coming of like it wasn't even sticking to the skirts. You could peel of the paint which is something that should not happen if it were primered properly.
As for the rust I really can't say anything about that other than to have it fixed since it could be due to little rocks etc.
The cupholder has a sort of spring and cog mechanism which probably slips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts