Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my '05 TL was stolen (they stole the key), anyway, I'm considering an '09 TSX Tech and I'm wondering if anyone makes a performance chip for it yet. I was used to my TL's power, but don't want to replace it with an '08 TL and I can't wait for the '09s to come out. I've checked ebay, but not sure if I trust the information on there. I remember buying a performance computer for my '85 Dodge Lancer ES Turbo back in '89 and it really made a difference. Does anyone know anything about the '09 TSX and the ability to enhance its performance?

Thanks!:pumpkin2:

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Even if a performance chip existed it's not going to be anything close to a TL. The new TSX isn't really faster than the older one, which still leaves the TL in a league of its own performance wise.

I can't say much about any future superchargers or turbos, but there isn't much of a market for them on the older TSX (Turbo absolutely not in the States).

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Gallery
2,946 Posts
TSX and performance don't really go in the same sentence unless you are saying lack of in that sentence. Handling is great though. It will easily surpass the TL in that aspect.

For the first gen it took 5k+ to make it quick.
There were some rumors of a V6 TSX, but I guess you can't wait for that to come out :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hondata is the company who chips the TSX's ECUs, and they don't even make ECU tunes for the 07s and 08s yet.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
plus hondata will NOT compare to the power of a TL. not even close.

i say hold out for the 09 TL. probably will be worth the wait. get the type S.

·
#HTinyourcorner
3,174 Posts
Unfortunately my '05 TL was stolen (they stole the key), anyway, I'm considering an '09 TSX Tech and I'm wondering if anyone makes a performance chip for it yet. I was used to my TL's power, but don't want to replace it with an '08 TL and I can't wait for the '09s to come out. I've checked ebay, but not sure if I trust the information on there. I remember buying a performance computer for my '85 Dodge Lancer ES Turbo back in '89 and it really made a difference. Does anyone know anything about the '09 TSX and the ability to enhance its performance?

Thanks!:pumpkin2:

Well, there isn't much available yet, but it probably won't be too much longer before intakes, headers, exhausts, etc start cropping up.

I would suggest to wait for a TSX-S though. The car is totally set up for SH-AWD and the engine bay is huge. There are a lot of rumors about a V6 getting plopped in there. And there are a bunch of things you can do to those.

Marcus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts