Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone.

Once the weather started to get cold, the tire pressure sensor would go off saying, the rear right tire needs to be checked. This has happened twice now, first in October, and now in December.

I called the dealership and they mentioned they have heard of it before, but do not know why. They also said they have noticed it either on the rear right or front right tires only.

Anyone seen/heard of this? Any possible remedies other than pumping the tires every couple months/weeks..

thanks,

·
Registered
99 Posts
it's happened to me as well but i don't really look for a remedy. it happens and it's an extremely small thing. wouldn't try and do anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It happened to me yesterday. I suspect the friggid weather have something to do with it. Both rear tires read exactly the same at 28 psi when cold but I get the message only on my right rear tire. How do I get the message to go away. Did you guys added more air to the tire? Do I have to take it back to the dealer so they can reset it?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
just add air. will cost you 50cents or so to pump all 4 tires if u need to.

then you probably won't get this problem for i dunno, a month or so depending on how much u drive.

this seriously is a non-issue.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Yep cooler air is less dense, so less pressure is read by the sensor. It then says you are low. Once you drive around, the tire heats up, causing your pressure to rise with the temperature.

I wouldn't worry unless your tire is REALLY low!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys. Adding air did the trick. My dealer said that when a tire hits 28psi (at cold temp) this will happen. Just an fyi in case it happens to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this happen about every month or so aswell. once the tire reads 182kPa. i drive alot of highway so once the tire warms up and its around 205 it seems to turn the sensor off. also does anyone know how to change the settings from KpA to PSi?? or is it just an american thing to go by the PSi?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts