Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have a 2009 Acura TSX w/ auto trans & Tech PKG.
Friend of mine has a cold air intake on his 06 Civic si & it sounds Mean.
I dont know anything about cold air intakes. Just looked on line there is a lot of choices so I was hoping I could get a recommendation & a little info. I work for a Honda dealer so I will deffenitly get them to put it on.

Now I have heard about people sucking water up into there engines & need a replacement after that. Deffenitly dont want to have to be doing that or have the slight chance of doing that. I have acura care warranty but I dont believe they would cover that.

Just want my car to sound mean & get performance increase. Just trying to find out whats the best & why & what do you guys use.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Adam

·
Registered
247 Posts
the sucking up the water part i believe is from when ppl drive in puddles and also they remove the covers in the wheel wells to get more air!! i have the injen CAI on my 09 TSX/Tech and it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
you wont get too much performance increase from just an intake. just get the cheapest one you can find. it'll perform the same lol. a tube with a filter at the end haha

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick question with the INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE, saw that it says short ram as well. Can I just use it like that and not mess with having it behind the bumper?

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah if you dont add the long extra piece of pipe its a short ram lol.
as to what ed said it true but i wouldnt buy anything cheap for an expensive car. i feel the difference when driving with the cold air!!

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So looks like INJEN cold air intake is pretty popular and lot of people are using that. Think I will go with that one. Now if I just use it as short ram, will I still the same performance gains?

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
If you want it for the sound, why not get an exhaust? I was thinking of getting an intake too but I thought it would add performance. I spoke with Ed and he says its not that noticeable performance wise. I'm not sure how those sound though.. Air sucking/ whistling sound?

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
it does give a performance upgrade... not going to be to notucable because its less than 10HP.. after being combined with other adders then you get to notice it and it works with other components to add a little more power...

injen is good

i have the TAKEDA and a co worker has the ct ICEBOX

both work and sound about the same.. I.E. tube with a filter at the end is about right :)

i know the takeda uses a dry air filter so you dont have to wash and clean and oil like the k&n style filter...

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going more for the sounds. Want to hear the vtech kick in and was going for a meaner sound. What kind of filter does the INJEN use?

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
would it be noticeable if it was combined with an exhaust?

Sent from my lg-p925 using autoguide.com free app
figure 8-10 with exhaust...

Add the raven down pipe add 15-20

all combined 30-35 att crank maybe 15-20ish at the wheels

get the flash pro and have it tuned... Some cats on here getting 250+ at crank 230+ to the ground

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So looked on INJEN website, you have to put oil on the filter & clean it like the K&N. So is dry fitler like what Takeda uses better?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick question, i noticed for some brands such as AEM, the offer for sale Bipass valves, is that something only they AEM offers or is there universal ones? Are those really needed? Appreciate any info.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts