Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 (120k miles) manual transmission TSX that in the last month has started having a new delay in power to the tires.

Pretty much in any gear (varies a bit by gear) I'll push down on the gas, the RPMs will spike higher than they used to (like up to 4-5k RPM instead of 2-3k), and then 1-3 seconds later the power finally comes into the wheels.

This has become a real concern on the highway especially as after coming off the on ramp into traffic I often have someone coming up fast and need to get going yeah know!?

Went to O'Reillys and the only error code that came up was an SRS code that they said was nothing important. They guessed either my:
  • Vehicle speed sensor
  • pedal position sensor
needed to be replaced. Anyone have this problem before? What does it sound like the problem is to you?

Not wantng to take it to the dealership cold and them being crooks trying to tell me it's a $2k problem when O'Reillys thought it might be a $1-200 part + labor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It might be your Accelerator Pedal Position (APP or APS) sensor. If so, it will start getting progressively worse until your car will only go into limp mode which is a pain. In limp mode your car will accelerate very slow with a lot of surging and it will not be able to reach highway speeds.

They run $100-$200 on Amazon and can be replaced with a 10mm wrench/ratchet in about 10-20 min. It may require a slight adjustment to get the proper tension on a cable that is spring loaded inside of it. Someone with basic auto repair skills can do it. There are videos and DIYs online that help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's manual. I took it to oil change place today and they thought it was the clutch as well. Thanks all for the replies and Litespeed for the alternative option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts