Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post and show the real world performance gains from UR pulleys and the Weapon R Header test pipe combo. Take it for what it's worth.

Last summer I ran my 04 AT down the local track. At the time I had the intake resonator removed K&N drop-in and reflash. Track conditions sucked and I had a best run of 17.69 @ 80 mph. Yes it's slow, but the track is almost 6000ft. It was a 90 degree day and track conditions showed relative altitude of 8500ft.

Fast forward to yesterday when I ran the 1/4 again. New mods since last runs are UR pulleys and Weapon R header and test pipe. the rest of the car is exactly the same. Same track here in CO and track conditions were almost identical. Relative altitude of about 8600 ft. I ran a best of 16.72 @ 86 mph.

Now I realize there could be other small variables with tire pressure, etc - but shaving almost a full second is substantial!!!

The car definitely feels significantly faster with these mods. The pulleys helped the midrange around town and the header is definitely felt at the upper RPM's.

I also got a baseline dyno on a DynoJet so I'll post up results when I get new dyno results.

Bang for the buck, these are definitely good power adders for the money!

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Thanks for the info! WR is #1 on my to do list (have Reflash & CT icebox)! The pulley thing I'm still on the fence - since the k24 doesn't seem quite as happy @7500 rpms as my previous engines so all the harmonic balancer talk has me paranoid. Looking forward to your dyno!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
857 Posts
UR pulleys are one of the last things on my list. Where in CO are you? Might be relocating.

I've run pulleys on a lot of cars, the harmonic balancer talk is BS unless the unit is actually a harmonic balancer like on a KA motor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UR pulleys are one of the last things on my list. Where in CO are you? Might be relocating.

I've run pulleys on a lot of cars, the harmonic balancer talk is BS unless the unit is actually a harmonic balancer like on a KA motor.
I live in southwest Denver. The track is called Bandimere speedway. The air sucks for racing here but it's a great crowd. I beat out a whole bunch of muscle cars last night and made it to the fourth round of racing. My TSX might be slow but it's damn consistent!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yep, that autotragic helps. Well, I'll be 8 hours south of you soon, I'll have to figure out the track situation. I know there is a lot more going on over there than in my area of WNC, very exciting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.