Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I've been wanting an 06-08 manual tsx and posted wanted ads on craigslist. A seller has called me and told me they have an 06 TSX that I believe have 70-80k miles on it but has a salvage title. He claims that it was hit in the rear left side and the bumper and light was replaced. The interior looks like ok condition, not excellent condition. It also does not have navi. How much should I pay for this vehicle and what should I look out for buying a salvaged vehicle?

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi. So I've been wanting an 06-08 manual tsx and posted wanted ads on craigslist. A seller has called me and told me they have an 06 TSX that I believe have 70-80k miles on it but has a salvage title. He claims that it was hit in the rear left side and the bumper and light was replaced. The interior looks like ok condition, not excellent condition. It also does not have navi. How much should I pay for this vehicle and what should I look out for buying a salvaged vehicle?

Thanks.
Maybe this is just me, but I wouldnt ever buy a salvaged vehicle, too many problems that could happen down the road. The car could pull to one side, even with perfect alignment if it has "frame" damage. Also, the value decreases faster and is harder to place a value on it due to the salvage title. Also, most finance companies will not finance a salvage title vehicle, which might not be a problem if you are paying cash, but if you ever go to sell it, it will have to be to someone with cash, and not everyone can afford to buy cars cash, which will lower your audience/chance of selling it.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
No go on the salvage man, nothing ever fits right unless it was repaired VERY VERY well. Which usually never happens, You can pick up a TSX for around 10k without it being salvaged, you just need to look really hard, its not a civic :/ there kinda rareish especially MTs. GL in your future purchase!

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
+1 on above. 10k can net you a TSX in decent shape without a salvage title.

A salvage title means there was MAJOR damage done to the car and it was a write-off.

A tsx can be in a minor accident, still have a clean title and drive perfectly so as long as the repairs were done with oem parts and by a reputable shop.
I had a minor accident with my TSX. I chose a highly reputable shop and demanded 100% oem parts for everything.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Salvage title really confuses me >.>. I mean online it means if more than 75% of the car's value is damaged. But the guy only told me that it was hit on the rear and only a bumper and light was needed to change. But here in CA you can't really get a 6MT tsx for 10k haha unless it has 140k+ o_O

I'll keep looking for a clean! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Keep looking you'll eventually find one...It usually happens at the most random time. I picked up my 06 a-spec 6speed for 11K...I wasnt even looking for one and it happen to appear right when I was looking for a car..Patience is your friend but if your in a rush I would rather get a clean title auto then a 6speed salvage

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jw. Would a 110k tsx clean title still be a better choice than a 60k salvage title?

Clean: $12,000-$14,000
Salvage: $9000-$10,000

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks guys. Salvage title really confuses me >.>. I mean online it means if more than 75% of the car's value is damaged. But the guy only told me that it was hit on the rear and only a bumper and light was needed to change. But here in CA you can't really get a 6MT tsx for 10k haha unless it has 140k+ o_O

I'll keep looking for a clean! :)
Cars with salvage titles aren't all bad. Sometimes the insurance company will deem a car too expensive to fix than what it's worth but the damage won't even be that bad (this happened with my 99 Accord). I've owned two vehicles that had salvage titles in the past. A Camry with 32k miles and a CR-V with 130,000 miles. In both cases I saw the before pictures and could see that the damage wasn't that severe. Also, in both cases the vehicle turned out to be just as good as those with regular titles. You have to be VERY careful in buying a salvage car and know what to look for in terms of the quality of repair. A big giveaway is if the car pulls to one side. That can be an indication of a frame that was damaged and not fixed properly. Also, expect to suffer when it comes time to sell it because people are wary of salvage titles. Lastly, I wouldn't pay $10,000 for a car with a salvage title. Like others have said, you can find a good car with a normal title for that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Cars with salvage titles aren't all bad. Sometimes the insurance company will deem a car too expensive to fix than what it's worth but the damage won't even be that bad (this happened with my 99 Accord). I've owned two vehicles that had salvage titles in the past. A Camry with 32k miles and a CR-V with 130,000 miles. In both cases I saw the before pictures and could see that the damage wasn't that severe. Also, in both cases the vehicle turned out to be just as good as those with regular titles. You have to be VERY careful in buying a salvage car and know what to look for in terms of the quality of repair. A big giveaway is if the car pulls to one side. That can be an indication of a frame that was damaged and not fixed properly. Also, expect to suffer when it comes time to sell it because people are wary of salvage titles. Lastly, I wouldn't pay $10,000 for a car with a salvage title. Like others have said, you can find a good car with a normal title for that kind of money.
+1, and don't be afraid of higher mileage! These cars are capable of lasting a long time.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
DO NOT BUY A SALVAGE TITLE!!!!

I went 3 months without a car while I found my perfect TSX. It will come, and it's better to get something you want/love instead of settling....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts