Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just by accident (no pun....) when I was looking at the website of the track where they're having the next touring car race in the World Challenge, I saw they had this list of the "10 most dangerous intersections" in the U.S.
Somehow none of them are anywhere near NYC.

Anybody know any of these?
(Not too well I hope.....) :nervous:

1. Pembroke Pines, Fla. Flamingo Road and Pines Boulevard
2. Philadelphia, Penn. Red Lion Road and Roosevelt Boulevard
3. Philadelphia, Penn. Grant Avenue and Roosevelt Boulevard
4. Phoenix, Ariz. 7th Street and Bell Road
5. Tulsa, Okla. 51st Street and Memorial Drive
6. Tulsa, Okla. 71st Street and Memorial Drive
7. Phoenix, Ariz. 19th Avenue and Northern Avenue
8. Plano, Tex. State Highway 121 and Preston Road
9. Metairie, La. Clearview Parkway and Veterans Memorial Boulevard
10. Sacramento, Calif. Fair Oaks Boulevard and Howe Avenue 1912

I wonder WTH is the story about Roosevelt Blvd. in Philly and Memorial Dr. in Tulsa.....

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
:woowoo: I live minutes away from #2 and #3.

In fact, #2 and #3 are located about a mile away from each other.

What makes them dangerous is that Roosevelt Blvd is a 12 lane highway. (Actually 14 if you count the 2 additional lanes for the "Left Turn Only" lanes). If you want to take a left turn, you have to cross 7 lanes of traffic.

Even with a "Left Turn Only" traffic signal lights, lotsa bad accidents happen. The speed limit is only 45 MPH but most people go 55 MPH.

:nervous: I'm not even going to go into the pedestrians who have to cross the 14 lanes to get to the other side :nervous:

·
Registered
6 Posts
hahahah i used to live about 10 mins away from the one in plano puhahahaha
but 5 years ago it was preston and park and that was 10 mins away too

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
:woowoo: I live minutes away from #2 and #3.

In fact, #2 and #3 are located about a mile away from each other.

What makes them dangerous is that Roosevelt Blvd is a 12 lane highway. (Actually 14 if you count the 2 additional lanes for the "Left Turn Only" lanes). If you want to take a left turn, you have to cross 7 lanes of traffic.

Even with a "Left Turn Only" traffic signal lights, lotsa bad accidents happen. The speed limit is only 45 MPH but most people go 55 MPH.

:nervous: I'm not even going to go into the pedestrians who have to cross the 14 lanes to get to the other side :nervous:
:stupid:

the Roosevelt Blvd is f'd up. No wonder Philly is #2 city for auto insurance costs :rolleyes:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jcg878 said:
.....No wonder Philly is #2 city for auto insurance costs :rolleyes:
Dare I ask....what's #1?

I might have guessed New York, except that I lived there and my costs weren't that high!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jcg878 said:
Speaking of Detroit.....anybody notice that the Tigers are 5-1?

:cool:

Last year I was rooting for them to at least beat the '62 Mets. And I don't even know if they officially did or not, but in my book they did.

And I'd love seeing them keep going 5-1 all year long.

Also: The Milwaukee Brewers are over .500. And the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are doing OK too. And the San Diego Padres.

:cool: :cool:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
jcg878 said:
:stupid:

the Roosevelt Blvd is f'd up. No wonder Philly is #2 city for auto insurance costs :rolleyes:
Yeah, good thing I don't live in the city. . .

A friend living in the city bought a Corolla and Statefarm wanted $7,000 a year in insurance premium. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts