Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSX android radio hits the eBay market.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-6-0-CAR-GPS-Camera-Auto-Radio-free-Map-DVD-Player-For-Acura-2004-2008-/282777001285

Specs:
Version: Android 6.0 System
CPU:Quad Core4
RAM: 1+16G
Resolution: 1024*600
Display:10.1 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen
Internal: only Support WIFI Hotspot
GPS: Support Most of Android Map/ Dual Zone While Navigation Can Listen Music/ Baud rate: Support 4800-115200
Phone Link: Support Two Way Control For Android Phone ,One Way Control For Iphone
OBD: Support OBD II (below 3.0 version)(OBD Plug Is optional)
DVR: Support External DVR
Radio: Amount For Stations Saving:30 (FM 3*6, AM 2*6)
Video Format :AVI, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVD, DIVX, Real8, 9, 10, RM, RMVB, FLV, MP4, M4V, VOB, WMV, 3GP, MKV
Audio: Format : MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC, WAV,APE, OGG, MP2, 3GP, MA4
Max Audio Output : 4 X 45W
Image: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG

Attachments

·
1G TSX, 3G TL TYPE S
11 Posts
sorry but i'm not clicking some random weird link... you seem a bit suspicious if you just wont say what it is... anyone else think so??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Factory Navi crapped out on me and this looks like an amazing upgrade, I'm just afraid of its reliability. Does anyone have experience with this yet? Any issues?

I found a similar unit for an Accord that is about half this price and was contemplating on purchasing that one but modifying it to fit my tsx.

Here's the link

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10-1-Android-Car-Radios-GPS-Navigation-Stereo-for-Honda-Accord-7-2003-2007/162574285392?itemId=162574285392&epid=1387268110#vi__app-cvip-panel

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reliability might be a bit hit or miss being an android base. Dontn put junk apps on it. Feed back is some love it some not so much

I loved it! issues, my iPhone would skip music when playing over bluetooth and had a bit of feedback noise but this was little to none when I lowered the EQ input via app. I placed all my music on a flash drive and it work out great on the unit.

I would buy it agin over having my old non navi unit. loved the google maps on it and it came with IGO free!! you can download offline google maps and not use any data off your cell.

·
Registered
71 Posts
reliability might be a bit hit or miss being an android base. Dontn put junk apps on it. Feed back is some love it some not so much

I loved it! issues, my iPhone would skip music when playing over bluetooth and had a bit of feedback noise but this was little to none when I lowered the EQ input via app. I placed all my music on a flash drive and it work out great on the unit.

I would buy it agin over having my old non navi unit. loved the google maps on it and it came with IGO free!! you can download offline google maps and not use any data off your cell.

I'm kinda curious about this unit myself. I have a 2008 with navigation. What would I lose and gain? Would my SAT Radio stop working? Is there an option to add SAT Radio to this unit? How about the AC and steering wheel controls, etc? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AC and steering wheel controls all work well with no issue

What you lose with this as I did in my Non nav 2006
NO temp on the dash, Stock clock but you have time and temp on the unit. but is only in cel

·
Registered
71 Posts
What about the option of SAT Radio? And is it possible to use my stock GPS antenna or are the connection completely different for the option?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HTML:
What about the option of SAT Radio? And is it possible to use my stock GPS antenna or are the connection completely different for the option?
no way your stock sat will work with this unit. but you can use Ihart radio or pandora with this

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the unit and have been using for afew days. Things ive noticed when compared to metra radio kit with pioneer double din bluetooth nav stereo.

-When i get into car with my phone (iphone6) and it auto connects no notification (ring, beep for text)since BT on stereo receives sound.. I hope its just a setting
-BT phone calls people tell me they can't hear me clearly but with my old setup (pioneer avic z150) there was no problems, mic is right on face of unit
-Igo navigation lags when opening up, id compare it to single core pc opening up internet explorer slow.
-Climate control, when changing fan speeds theres a bit of input lag changing fan speed. temp stays at what you left it but I always have to turn AC off like it automatic set on when I open that program.
-loaded usb flash with songs 300 or so. Takes a while to read the files, plays no problem. Exit car and later come back its stuck on the last mp3 I was listening to until I let is scan the drive again for 30-40 sec or so to load the rest of the songs again..

I hope my problems are just because Android stuff is new to me, looks way better than metra radio kit and screen size is huge compared to and double din. But with that said ive have the unit crash and reset on me, maybe too many things open and switching back and forth, no idea. Am I suppose to shut down or stand by before i leave car.

-swaped usb flash drive to a samsung faster read/write it helped a bit on the constand drive scanning
-make sure to snug gps antenna wire, it gets loose easy losing signal
-there is red/black wires on bottom for LED bar that is under stereo above storage

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
20 Participants
yungprime
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing