Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the usb dongle, and was able to get Apple CarPlay to work.. Although my unit froze when I was driving, and now GPS doesn't work. Unit does not go into standby mode any more, takes forever to boot up when I start the car.

Trying to get the original firmware but no response from Aliexpress.. I'm wondering if enough of us complain, we can get at least the original firmware or something from them.

I believe it is a joying unit under the hood. My only fear is that since it has the A/C controls, that the joying update my kill that and A/C controls no longer work

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the usb dongle, and was able to get Apple CarPlay to work.. Although my unit froze when I was driving, and now GPS doesn't work. Unit does not go into standby mode any more, takes forever to boot up when I start the car.

Trying to get the original firmware but no response from Aliexpress.. I'm wondering if enough of us complain, we can get at least the original firmware or something from them.

I believe it is a joying unit under the hood. My only fear is that since it has the A/C controls, that the joying update my kill that and A/C controls no longer work
Good to know...I'm still gonna hesitate on buying for now please keep us updated

·
Registered
3 Posts
just recieved mine from amazon today. its the 2g +32g android 8.1 version. but im having some issues installing it . i cant find any sort of manual or videos on what the extra wires go to or how to connect the blue light you move over from the original radio along with the vents. ( ive seen where one guy had a blk and red wire hanging out from his that MAY have been to power the light but he wasnt sure either, and mine doesnt seem to have a blk and red wire at all. also there are at least 2 unused plugs on the back( what are they for? ) and a couple short white wires with no ends that MAY be to power the backup camera? who knows. also i found a micro sd card slot on the back / bottom of the unit but i dont know if thats for a sim card or a sd card slot for updates, or just extra storage. its kinda maddening that it didnt come with ANY paperwork or guide at all. has anyone installed one that can give me some idea ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
its been a while but let me chime in , I went in on the FB Group Buy for the android 10.2" screen unit and paid ( i think ) $460 or $465 , I was in the 2nd batch , Install was a breeze but thats about the only thing thats good about this unit. Like john666 mentions HVAC touch controls are lagging and are displayed in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit which makes it a little less forgiving in temperature as you so you are adjusting the temp by almost 2 degrees F with every click, say you start of on 56F then its 58f, 60f ,62f ( even though its only showing you 1 in c adjustment ) its kind of annoying and i think inaccurate because the temps seem to be all over the place really. not only that but when you are going up or down on temp adjustment it skips temps for example if i start of at 21c then go up to 22 then 23 then it will lag when i press up it will show 23 even though its 24 then it will skip 25 again and then it will show 26 so it dosnt display temps between 24-25c. thats one issue , second issue is the unit is generally slow and not very accurate when youre trying to control it while in the driver seat driving. Another issue i was having was with a GPS app called WAZE , gps would work fine for about 25-30 minutes then would freeze up , now you have too reboot the whole thing while youre driving and go through the process of typing in the address again to get the GPS back on track , not a fun thing to do. Ive had the unit kick me out of apps and freeze several times especially while using Pandora and YouTube. Sometimes it just kicks me out of them to home screen , other times it reboots completely ( android boot screen ) One of my biggest dislikes is the hot spot connectivity. I connect the unit to my iphone 7 plus with the personal hot spot option so i can have internet radio , it works fine , as soon as i turn the car off and get out of the car to say pump fuel or run into a gas station or what not the connection is gone and i have to go through the pairing process all over again. Also the radio bezel feels out of place due to the fact the matching woodgrain/steel trim part is black, if it were fully functional unit and didnt have so many issues i wouldnt mind the trim color but with all the issues that this unit has and the price you have to pay for a non functional android headache you are better of saving that money and doing a double din NOT A CUBBY HOLE hole install with a quality brand name touch screen headunit.

~De5
it sounds like you got a bad unit ,mine works fairly flawlessly. slight lag when turning up/down the temp but not much. and you can add a app to your phone that sets up a job to auto connect whenever your phone sees the radio . the unit sounds really good is DPS and has tons of equalizer and sound settings (like 4 or 5 screens worth ) my waze and google maps app works perfectly ( may want to check your ant. connection or reset the unit) the only issue i have with it is the loss of my dash temp (but i did find a way to reconnect that with another thermistor ) and that its in celcius but you just double the number and add 30 or something to get Fahrenheit . i also started using the agama launcher from the play store which is awesome and has a lot of cool features and has a lot of customization . and i have a obd2 bluetooth dongle in my car so it can show all the engine output faults ect. in real time i love mine . ...except for that damn celcius thing !

·
Registered
1 Posts

found this video but it has mix reviews on Amazon
I have this 4G unit for half year with Intel SC9835i CPU + 4gb ram / 64gb storage + dsp, the sound are pretty good by DSP processor + 16 levels EQ, and running on Android 9 smoothly.
but i am greedy to sold it to change a newer - PX6 CPU with 4gb ram / 64gb storage + 1280 x 800 display + DSP decoder + op amp
it still Androiod 9 and i feel no different in response speed, but the sound get improved, more clear and powerful bass, can say i loved it more.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts