Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody hit 100 mph in their TSXs? If so, how does it feel? Does the engine sound like it's gonna blow up and car all shaky and stuff like most 4 cylinder cars or it is stable like Acura TL-s, Mazda6, Nissan Maxima, Lexus GS300, etc. Also, when your not moving and then you just step on the gas to the end, is the engine too loud or is it more quiet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
25 views and no replies? Is there some problem when going 100 mph with TSX? Just wondering....

X

·
0 Posts
100 is solid as a rock. Drove back from Idaho and did mostly 80 to 90 without any problems at all. Super solid and quiet. Short runs to 100 felt slower than the actual speed. Of course I don't recommend this to anyone. The 4 feels and sounds closer to a 6 as far as I am concerned.

And I never just rev. the engine when standing still, so I don't have an answer for loudness. But this engine is incredibly well balanced and sounds good at higher rpm's.

Z

·
0 Posts
Haris said:
Anybody hit 100 mph in their TSXs? If so, how does it feel? Does the engine sound like it's gonna blow up and car all shaky and stuff like most 4 cylinder cars or it is stable like Acura TL-s, Mazda6, Nissan Maxima, Lexus GS300, etc. Also, when your not moving and then you just step on the gas to the end, is the engine too loud or is it more quiet?
Had mine at 100 several times. No problems at all. Took it 125 once just to see and I was a little nervous but the car was fine.

The legal limit on the highway here is 75 but, in the the fast lane, most folks keep to around 85 or 90. The car could cruise at 90 or 100 all day without any problem at all.

Tim
South Africa

·
Banned
478 Posts
Haris said:
Most modern 4 cylinder cars don't sound like they're "gonna blow up" @ 100 MPH.

My 97 Tacoma pickup (2 wheel drive, std cab) was fine @ 100 MPH...

The TSX 6 speed is turning ~ 4,600 rpm @ 100 MPH.:eek:

·
UK Accord Type-S
109 Posts
agreed the engine feels and sound really fine at those speeds...but i admit the suspension and steering may feel a bit wollowy if you have the stock suspension.

I have the A-spec and it feels so different at those speed compared to the standard suspension..there's more road feel

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
100 mph is fine. Even passing at 100 mph is fine.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
132. CAI and headers. SOLID and LOUD.

CAUTION: DO NOT SWITCH LANES WITH STOCK SUSPENSION.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
wow...old thread...

over 100...still smooth like butta!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
My g/f didn't even realize it when we hit 90 until I said something. Very stable at 100

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I got upto 107mph in my TSX once, I didn't even know I was going that fast until I looked at the speedo!:eek:

So smooth over 100!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Me = AC + a few extra. But just once and just for a few moments.

If not for fear of fuzz, woulda taken it a little higher and for longer.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
I got upto 107mph in my TSX once, I didn't even know I was going that fast until I looked at the speedo!:eek:

So smooth over 100!!!
for me I was watching it climb to 100 :D
(and paying attention to the road too...of course)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Topped out at 138, didn't have anymore. This is with a Kenstyle front end which I feel creates more drag. I'll do 100 all day though as she's smooth as silk.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
That just means your life expectancy is more secure than ours.
Considering that the fatality rate on the German Autobahn (without speed limits) is actually less than it is on US Interstate Highways (with speed limits) don't be too sure. :D

I'm old, too! (But young "at heart"!)

Whatever you say about the rest of the car, that Honda motor is one sweet motor and it sure loves to run!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts