Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I'm a new member with a 2006 TSX, I've owned it since new and its been a great car. I'm nearing 100k with really no problems to speak of. I've reviewed the maintenance schedule and have a list of thing's I'm planning on doing at 100k.

I'm planning on replacing the struts/shocks as they are starting to get fluttery over bumps. I've been quoted $150 per corner for stock OEM replacements (comes out to about 1k with labor and tax). I was wondering if I should also replace the springs?

I also wouldnt mind getting replacements that are a bit sportier.. I've looked at bilstein's which are a bit cheaper (130 a corner) but would also still use the 100k used springs... I've used bilstein's in the past and been very happy with them but if there's something else thats popular i'm open to sugestion. :)

Here's the list of things i'm planning on doing as part of the 100k refresh :) Let me know if i've forgotten anything. Its a lot but My wife drives the car so I want to keep it reliable and safe :)

I'm also contemplating a Comptech Rear Sway Bar to get the body roll under control.

New Tires (already installed)
Continental Extreme Contact

Struts (Front/Rear)
Brake Rotors (Front)
Brake Pads (Front/Rear as needed)
Flush\Change Coolent Fluid
Flush\Change Transmission Fluid
Flush\Change Brake Fluid
Flush\Change Steering Fluid
Change Serpentine Belt
Change Oil
Change Sparkplugs
Replace Low beam HIDs (5k temp)
Change Engine Air Filter
Change Cabin Air Filter
Change Rear Brake Bulbs

·
Registered
80 Posts
everything you listed is exactly what i am going to do in a couple weeks when i reach 100k.

But i am ordering the koni yellow shocks...for about 600 right now for all 4 with their 20% off deal. Based on what i read about the company and their product, I think they make the best shocks for our cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a place you can get those shocks for 508 shipped

Thanks for the recommendation! where could I find the Koni Yellows? Would you run those with stock springs (with 100k on them) or do you recommend OEM replacements or an aftermarket? (little to no drop).

Thanks!
Andrew

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
At approx 110k miles I had the spark plugs changed, coolant changed,manual transmission fluid changed, oil/filter changed, tire rotation/balanced. Have NOT replaced the serpentine belt as it is still in excellent shape. Have the brake fluid changed every 3 years. I have followed the maintenance minder since New. My 06 has almost 158k problem free miles

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation! where could I find the Koni Yellows? Would you run those with stock springs (with 100k on them) or do you recommend OEM replacements or an aftermarket? (little to no drop).

Thanks!
Andrew
You can run them on any springs you'd like.
I'm no expert, but i always felt like springs don't wear out at all.
My theory is that the shocks take the majority of the grunt, and thats why they wear out....also, on full on coilovers, it's usually the shocks that need to be revalved/replaced.....the springs do not get touched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any hints on the koni's for 508? Looks like ebay is around $600. Any where you guys would recommend to buy them?

Thanks!
Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts