Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a new car and wanted to know if anyone has any good (or bad) opinions 'bout the '11 TSX 6-spd. I liked the 1st gen TSX 6-spd because of its looks and engine, but I'm not sure how the 2nd gen models compare to the 1st gen.

Please help~

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not sure what other people are smoking??? I'm absolutely in love with my '09 6 speed. Furthermore, 2nd gens in 6speed are really hard to come by. Best of luck in your search.

I don't know why there are 2nd gen haters out there; most people that have 2nd gens also love 1st gens, myself included. At the end of the day, the 2nd gen interior is a significant upgrade.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had my car for almost 2 months now and have loved every day! The transmission is everything we've come to expect from Honda - tight, precise, short throws, silky smooth. I have always been a huge fan of Honda's rev-happy engines, so the 4-cyl is right up my alley. Do it... you won't look back.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
2nd gen is def. heavier since its a bigger car, so thats true on that.

looks - subjective. i like the look actually, much beefier, but its just the grille that's ruin the finishing touch (the rear could use a bit work too, but nothing a sports bumper cant fix)

but IMO, its the best looking acura line up right now

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Yeah, the V6 is so boring because it's not offered in a 6 speed. Although it is still quite quick with the autslowmatic, it is a total snoozefest. If I were in the market for a V6 6speed, I'd buy the Accord EXL V6 coupe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I decided to go with the 4-cyl 6-spd (which is very very very likely, like 95%), I'd have to special order it and have it built in Japan and ship it to my local Acura dealer. The 6-spd is almost impossible to find nowadays.

I do like the body style and the TSX has THE best standard interior options of all the luxury sports sedans. What car are you going to find a fully loaded sports sedan w/ tech package for $33k MSRP?

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
just to throw it out there to anybody, im not hating on the 2nd generation, i just thought they couldve done better factory wise. i have driven a loaner 2nd gen and to me it felt like my 1st gen except slower/newer and heavier. i also hate the fact that i can see the front hood while driving, its not a V8, so why not stick with small quick luxury?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I wouldn't call the 2G slower. Granted the 1G has more tuning potential, but stock for stock the 2G is right up there - don't forget Honda reworked the engine for a better torque curve and I believe bumped torque to 172ft/lbs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2g vs 1g looks

the 2g isn't as nice looking as the 1g, but that didn't stop me from getting one. :)

Only had it for a couple days now, but so far so good.
It's zippy, but not going to blow anything away.

I agree that if you want V6 and 6-speed in the same category, the Accord coupe is the closest thing, and it's "a crime" you can't get a 6 and stick in anything else.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I got a 2011 TSX,and this car is brilliant.

IMHO far more modern looing than the 1st generation,with its more aggressive look,but you can see that they are both very closely related.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts