Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member from Madison, WI. Last weekend I bought a 2012 TSX Sport Wagon in Bellanova White from Acura of Brookfield. I love it!

I decided on the TSX Sport Wagon because I have a Sheltie and he likes to drool in my car and had scratched the leather up a few times, plus I like to make IKEA runs and take road trips with some gear. I don't understand why wagons are not more popular, all the handling and comfort of a sedan with the utility of an SUV, sans the rough ride and cost.

I didn't really consider the Jetta (long in the tooth design) or Prius V (expensive and not fun to drive). I did drive the Venza and Crosstour, both couldn't fit my dog in the bag comfortably and were less fun to drive. It was a tough choice between the 4-cylinder Subaru Outback Limited (V6 too expensive) and the TSX. They were basically the same price and the Outback AWD would come in handy a few times each winter in Wisconsin. But, the Acura warranty was longer, the interior was MUCH nicer, exterior more attractive and it was was a bit faster with better MPG.

My next tough choice was Base or Tech. I possibly would use the advanced Bluetooth features for the address book. The Nav was a wash because I prefer touchscreen and I travel for work, so I have a nice portable with lifetime maps so I wouldn't have to pay Acura $99 1-2x per year for the updates. The sound system was good enough for me on the Base, although the hard drive audio and electric tailgate were appealing. In the end, I thought the Base faux wood trim on the console and switch plates looked better than the cheaper (to me) looking Carbon on the Tech so that won out. The Base Bluetooth does all I need it to do.

I knew I wanted the gray interior because the black looked dark and small. So that meant white or red. I wanted red but in the end, the best deal was with a white so that's what I have. I like the pearl effect.

I was going to buy new and had several quotes for a new '12 just under or over $30K (w/destination). However, a dealership 45 minutes away actually had a CPO '12 with 2775 miles on it for $28,790 but I thought that was a little high. A month later, when my old car sold, that dealer offered to sell that white wagon for $27,200 and with an additional 12K of warranty and $3K less on the price, it became a no-brainer.

I did buy the CPO "Wrap" Acura Care which extends the non-powertrain/comprehensive coverage to 7 years/100K. The original dealer quote was $995 and the cheapest from like Hyannis for Acura Care was $1220. I did get the dealer to come down to $895 when I mentioned buying from Costco. It is the same coverage as the regular AcuraCare extended warranty, but for whatever reason the CPO Wrap is cheaper (probably because the CPO covers it up to 62K so I'm only buying 38K of coverage instead of 50K, not sure).

My last car was an Avalon ('09), which I loved but it wasn't dog friendly. I had a lovely, but unreliable, Passat wagon ('07) before that. I had 2 Accords ('05 & '01) and prior to those, I had 2 Civics ('98 and '95) so I'm glad to be back in the Honda family.

I look forward to learning more from other TSX owners!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In hindsight, I might have considered trying to find a wagon for the reason you stated, I have a dog I like to travel around with. But, I don't believe that the manual transmission is offered in the wagon and that is a feature high on my list.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
THe TSX is awesome,and am sure you are going to LOVE it.

Post a pic,the wagon is really quite sexy looking.

Congratulations

1 - 4 of 4 Posts