Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive posted previously about the new tsx I bought. So, I tested a few and decided I liked a certain color, silver moon. Now, since I had tested others, I didn't test the silver tsx I got. As I was signing deal, was told there were 9 miles on car. Now, this was on Saturday. I couldn't leave with it sat so I did pick up today and did inspection. Upon inspection, turns out there was 150 miles on the car. Apparently, the dealer mistakenly told me the mileage on the other car I tested. I was pissed and told them about it.

Should i be pissed? Is 150 grounds to not want car? I learned a lesson here: never get a new car without at very least checking odometer. Should have tested it too. Oh well.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
150 is still new..I would cause a fit and try to get stuff for free (floor mats, wheel locks, oil changes lol..), but other than that I wouldn't worry. Figure some of those miles were used for prepping the car (if it was detailed somewhere prior to purchase, going to get gas), maybe a sales rep "borrowed" the model one day for a short trip..

Think of it this way, its only 1/2 a tank of gas.

·
Elitist
280 Posts
Unless its a lease, I wouldnt even be concerned. My RDX was driven from a dealer on a trade, and it had 300+ miles on it--no problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't like what they did to you. I test drove a TSX (graphite color) that had 60+ miles. Chose to go with black color. The dealer told me that the black one he will sell me has 6 miles on it, never test driven. He asked me if I want to test drive it and I said no. So while I was waiting for the paperwork and financing they washed it detailed it. And the dealer asked me how I want to options in the car to be set up (one click opens all doors vs. just driver's door..)

After signing everything the dealer pulled up the vehicle and showed me how to use GPS, linked my cell to the Bluetooth in the car and made some other minor adjustments.

Not trying to make you more mad, but it would make me pretty mad if they pulled up a car that had 150 miles on it. I think that I would have refused to buy it since I would have felt that they intentionally lied to me.

Just to clarify: the black TSX that I got did indeed have only 6 miles on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is an update on my developing situation. So I call up the manger and explain the Situation. He apologizes, but doesn't say much after that. After a pause, I ask him what he can do to avoid me bringing the car back (i said this out of anger). He said mats and that's it. I said, how bout an oil change and mats. He said that I was holding him hostage. I was irate. I told him I was bringing the car back. He said fine, but no all weather mats (wtf!) I said that he needs to find a silver tsx with the lowest miles on the lot. He said ok. So, I am here waiting for my tsx that will allegedly have 5 miles on it. I never intended to bring the car back after I drove it off the lot. But I never imagined the service would be this poor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL, they have the nerve to say that you are holding them hostage! It is obvious that they intentionally gave you a vehicle that was used for test driving, hoping that you won't notice/care that it has 150 miles on it.

BTW, they offered me (and I think everyone else at the dealership) the first oil change for free as a courtesy. So that should not count in their "goodwill" offer to make things right.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
That really sucks, ask to speak to his manager and make sure to explain your issue clearly and rationally. Express your disappointment and be ready to return the car and WALK AWAY. There are plenty of other dealerships who will beg for your business and bring MUCH better treatment. If they aren't willing to take care of you now, just imagine what will happen if you ever have an issue with the car.

Choose WISELY. If something doesnt feel right and you have a chance to walk away, DO IT. sometimes it pays to go a little farther for better treatment and business.

Don't let them hassle you into believing you're stuck or that their hands are tied, they should do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable AND satisfied.
Floormats can be given away without a single thought on their end, dont let that be a driving factor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses, folks. Listen, I took the car off the lot and returned it for one with less mileage (9 miles. Apparently, before I got here, they had to gas it up). I agree, the mat crap is a joke. I will leave here with my new new car (with less miles). Ive already voiced my concerns to manager and seems like they still won't give me the mats (geez). I'm ok with price and I want my car, so they get my biz just this once. I will never buy a car here ever again, and, I will never get it serviced here once. Regardless of this experience, I won't let it change my feelings re Honda motors. The cars have been good to me (first Acura, only drove Hondas before: 3 accords and one civic).

I still think I should get some Mats though....maybe an oil change.

That really sucks, ask to speak to his manager and make sure to explain your issue clearly and rationally. Express your disappointment and be ready to return the car and WALK AWAY. There are plenty of other dealerships who will beg for your business and bring MUCH better treatment. If they aren't willing to take care of you now, just imagine what will happen if you ever have an issue with the car.

Choose WISELY. If something doesnt feel right and you have a chance to walk away, DO IT. sometimes it pays to go a little farther for better treatment and business.

Don't let them hassle you into believing you're stuck or that their hands are tied, they should do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable AND satisfied.
Floormats can be given away without a single thought on their end, dont let that be a driving factor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did get the one with 9 miles. I just got pissed cause I thought mngr was being a jerk with me over the fact the salesmen told me wrong mileage on car. But I hear your point on it being 150.

So you ended up getting one with 9 miles? and 150 isn't even half a tank. closer to a 1/4 tank of fuel. I wouldn't be too mad at the dealer.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
I mean I can see that you were mad and if the sale manager apologized and you got a lower mileage car I think that is pretty good. The most i got with my car was 579 miles on one tank. Haven't had less then 500 miles on a tank. Now that this drama is over I hope you enjoy your car ;)

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
I would probably be the same way though. The mileage isn't the biggest deal but that probably means that it was either on a lot of test drives or a loaner car. If i got new i would like to think i was the only one that drove it besides the tech that pdi'ed it, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, here is something to keep in mind. I work at a Acura dealership (service dept) and there is a common practice in the industry called "dealer trades" where one dealer has a customer that wants a particular color/trim level vehicle that they might not have in stock, said dealer will then use the ability to search on Honda's online Interactive Network to find a usually neighboring dealership that has the "desired" vehicle and contact them to see if they can trade an inventoried unit for the "desired" vehicle rather than lose the sale. If the deal between the dealerships is made the soliciting dealership will send an employee to drive the traded unit to the other dealership to Exchange for the "desired" vehicle. We've sent a driver as far as 200 miles one way to swap a car.

Now if the unit that was traded doesn't have a potential buyer yet it will be put into that dealerships inventory and is sold at as a new vehicle at a later date, however most dealerships will disclose this to its potential buyer not all will.

An easy way to tell if the new vehicle you are looking to buy was ever part of a "dealer trade" is to look at the window sticker as Honda/Acura always print on it which dealership the vehicle was originally alloted/delivered to from the factory/port.

150 miles, no big deal, not disclosing it at time of sale is shady.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
When I bought my 06 tsx in Nov. 06 I wanted milano red/ebony with MT and nav. The dealer I went to did a dealer Trade to get that one. It had 138 miles on it which I knew. It now has 143k+ miles.

·
Registered
832 Posts
@ Silver Mooned , bro , i wouldnt even stress over 150 miles , if you knew what i went through you would prolly be decapitating suckas at the dealership , i bought the car and got a flat on the first day , i had tire warranty so i brought it back for them to fix my tire , the morons didnt close the door before they jacked my car up and my whole driver side door was crunched up like a damn gum wraper on the bottom , they fixed it for free and gave me a year worth of free oil changes , but the door will never be the same , i still hear road noise and they already tried re alining it twice !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ Silver Mooned , bro , i wouldnt even stress over 150 miles , if you knew what i went through you would prolly be decapitating suckas at the dealership , i bought the car and got a flat on the first day , i had tire warranty so i brought it back for them to fix my tire , the morons didnt close the door before they jacked my car up and my whole driver side door was crunched up like a damn gum wraper on the bottom , they fixed it for free and gave me a year worth of free oil changes , but the door will never be the same , i still hear road noise and they already tried re alining it twice !
Jesus. I cant believe that. Youre right, I would have been one angry mutha.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts