Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2004 TSX. Of course it came with the OEM 17" wheels with a decent set of summer performance tires. The previous owner also gave me a set of winter tires mounted on 16" steel wheels. I don't have the specs on the 16" wheels w.r.t. width or offset (the owner had them swapped onto the car during the pre purchase inspection).

I don't like the look of the black steelies and I would rather pick up a set of OEM RSX, Accord, Civic, CRV, etc. etc. wheels to remove the police car look I have right now.

What size 16" wheels will work for the car? I called my local salvage/Auto Parts company this morning and they don't even get a listing for a 16" wheel when they look in their system for a 2004 TSX. Obviously something works as I have a 16" wheel in hand.

Please help. If anyone could simply say, for example, XX-XX Accord OEM will work, XX-XX RSX OEM will work, then at least I know what to look for.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have RSX wheels, 16" for my winter setup... you can also consider Honda Prelude 97+, Honda Civic 16" from a 2006+...

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Andrew, welcome. I'm a newbie too... introduce yourself through the "Member Intro" section... post a picture of your car... Where do you live... ie, how much winter & snow?

For winter driving, many recommend a 'minus' wheel diameter to giving you a narrower width (pushing less snow) and a deeper tire. Tirerack.com gives 16" as preferred winter setup, with 205/60/16 as recommended, and they have a whole page selling the idea of using a 'minus' size for deep snow driving... I'll leave it up to the experienced 1st Gen guys to give you offset recommendations, etc.

But why waste money on winter rims? Get that you don't want black steelies, but tough it out this winter, put the money into nice summer wheels... as one suggestion... Hell, you could Plasti Dip the steelies with Red, Blaze Blue or Green for one winter... to mix it up. Wouldn't cost much... though it might also accent way too much surface area with the steelies...

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
Andrew, welcome. I'm a newbie too... introduce yourself through the "Member Intro" section... post a picture of your car... Where do you live... ie, how much winter & snow?

For winter driving, many recommend a 'minus' wheel diameter to giving you a narrower width (pushing less snow) and a deeper tire. Tirerack.com gives 16" as preferred winter setup, with 205/60/16 as recommended, and they have a whole page selling the idea of using a 'minus' size for deep snow driving... I'll leave it up to the experienced 1st Gen guys to give you offset recommendations, etc.

But why waste money on winter rims? Get that you don't want black steelies, but tough it out this winter, put the money into nice summer wheels... as one suggestion... Hell, you could Plasti Dip the steelies with Red, Blaze Blue or Green for one winter... to mix it up. Wouldn't cost much... though it might also accent way too much surface area with the steelies...
:+1: this guy knows what hes talking about lol .. was ganna type the same thing

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm using a set of beat up RSX wheels as well. Just make sure that any wheels you get have enough clearance for the brakes at the front.

·
Registered
652 Posts
:cool:

Like my car :cool:
Except I'm running Prelude Type S rims. Got them for a steal a long time ago. Has mad curb rash but it's for Winter so it's all good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
205/55-16 studded ET55 is the accord euro oem size for winter tires here in Finland where we have snow and ice for like 6months a year.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree with what everyone said, don't waste your money on winter rims. But if you must, 16" RSX wheels will fit perfect as long as you have no plan to upgrade your brake calipers.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Rocking 16" steelies with p205/60/16 for the winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts