Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and couldn't find a thread specifically for 17 inch wheels on a TSX. Think it would be a good idea to gather it all up in one place.

So post up your pics of 17's on a TSX with size: width, offset, tire. Slammed or not, Doesnt matter!

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
This is a good idea I think. I kinda wanted 18s, but with the A-spec drop I wanna get, I think sticking with 17s would look better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great post. I was just thinking about this the other day. 18s look better but 17s can be pulled off with the right stance.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
Great post. I was just thinking about this the other day. 18s look better but 17s can be pulled off with the right stance.
All depends on the drop. But 17s can be pulled off slammed or just stock. 18s gotta be dropped like it's hot.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
18s would look good with a slight drop also to me because they will fill up the wheel wells better 17s w fender gap= kill yo self fool lol

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
18s would look good with a slight drop also to me because they will fill up the wheel wells better 17s w fender gap= kill yo self fool lol
I dunno people think this. If the diameter of the tire is the same, it will fill up the same area. It's just the lower profile tire looks dumb with too much wheel gap.

·
Registered
137 Posts
17's I think work especially well if they stick out a bit and have some aggressive tires to go with them.

Currently ordering some 17x9 +45's with some 235's along with my drop. 18's just look too big for me.

·
3,491 Posts
I dunno people think this. If the diameter of the tire is the same, it will fill up the same area. It's just the lower profile tire looks dumb with too much wheel gap.
:festive:

no one said anything about tire sizes, 17s wont look good at a stock height to me and im sure a lot of others will agree unless the car is slammed

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
wat

·
3,491 Posts
noone had said anything about tire sizes ,17s (aftermarket)on a factory height car will not look good unless the car is slammed aftermarket 17s wont look good imho

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
noone had said anything about tire sizes ,17s (aftermarket)on a factory height car will not look good unless the car is slammed aftermarket 17s wont look good imho
Hah then we have the opposite mentality. :rolleyes: I think because it's the stock wheel size, they'll look decent at any height, especially A-Spec wheels, where 18s would look goofy without at least a little drop. That's besides the point though as I wouldn't get wheels without a drop first anyway.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Hah then we have the opposite mentality. :rolleyes: I think because it's the stock wheel size, they'll look decent at any height, especially A-Spec wheels, where 18s would look goofy without at least a little drop. That's besides the point though as I wouldn't get wheels without a drop first anyway.
:jeffy:
at stock height with the same tire size 18s will look better then 17s because 17s would have more wheel gap not less. idk why your mentality would think that 17s would look decent at any height and 18s would not.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
:jeffy:
at stock height with the same tire size 18s will look better then 17s. idk why your mentality would think that 17s would look decent at any height over 18s.
I can't believe you guys think 18s look better with more wheel gap than 17s with similar wheel gap. Low profile tires with lots of wheel gap looks god awful. Stock has 17s and thus more sidewall. Less sidewall tires should closer to the fender. More sidewall can go either way really, depending on the wheels and stance, but since stock came like that, they wouldn't look out of place.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
I can't believe you guys think 18s look better with more wheel gap than 17s with similar wheel gap. Low profile tires with lots of wheel gap looks god awful. Stock has 17s and thus more sidewall. Less sidewall tires should closer to the fender. More sidewall can go either way really, depending on the wheels and stance, but since stock came like that, they wouldn't look out of place.
wtf!? :scratch:
no one said anything about low profile tires on 18s vs. 17s with a larger sidewall. I am saying that if you are comparing wheels size 17 vs 18 and they both had the same size tires(with the same sidewall), the 18s IMO would look better then the 17s because there would be less wheel gap at a stock stance. Not more wheel gap...smh.

Riding with stock wheels/suspension is god awful...
:festive:

no one said anything about tire sizes, 17s wont look good at a stock height to me and im sure a lot of others will agree unless the car is slammed
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not arguing that 17's would look better, but wider tires on wider 17's that stick out more than the stocks look just fine in my book.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
I'm not arguing that 17's would look better, but wider tires on wider 17's that stick out more than the stocks look just fine in my book.
I agree. When slammed and done right 17s, 18s, and 19s all look fine. A lot of the times though 18s with a smaller profile tire(not small...smaller then the stock sized 50) look better then 17s with a 50 sidewall(which is what Velocifero is trying to argue against). Hence why the majority of ppl with 1st gens have 18in wheels.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
wtf!? :scratch:
no one said anything about low profile tires on 18s vs. 17s with a larger sidewall. I am saying that if you are comparing wheels size 17 vs 18 and they both had the same size tires(with a sidewall of 30, 35, 40, etc. it will not matter), the 18s look 10x better then the 17s because there would be less wheel gap at a stock stance. Not more wheel gap...smh.

Riding with stock sized tires, wheels, and stance looks god awful. sorryboutit. Idk how you are justifying that stock or slammed 17s will look better no matter what...

THANK YOU!
Why on Earth would you put the same size tire on a 17" wheel as on a 18"? 215/50/17 vs. 215/50/18? is that what you're saying? That makes no sense man. And I think it's funny you don't find the natural stance of this car attractive at all. Sad. I think it's beautiful asis honestly, that's why I bought it.
I agree. When slammed and done right 17s, 18s, and 19s all look fine. A lot of the times though 18s with a smaller profile tire(not small...smaller then the stock sized 50) look better then 17s with a 50 sidewall(which is what Velocifero is trying to argue against). Hence why the majority of ppl with 1st gens have 18in wheels.
That's because the majority of ppl with 1st gens lower their car more than the a-spec suspension thus justifying that. It all depends on the drop when it comes to wheel size is what I'm saying. 17s and no drop? Fine, stock is like that. 18s and no drop? Hideous. With enough drop, anything can look good.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
velcrocifero,
hahahahaha dude nvm. I am over you and this little argument. I apologize to the OP for being so off topic, this will be my last post on this thread. GL hopefully someone can actually be of some help.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
37 Participants
Bobayee
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing