Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
pandaTSX
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey plp.. I really need some help. I currently have some 18x7.5 and I have some 215/35/18 on them. I wanna buy some 18x8 since I want them right with my fender, and I'm hoping I can keep my tires, since they not even a year old yet. I'm just trying to figure if they'll fit into the 18x8. And if anyone has any pics about any of this? Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I think 215/35 is considered too small unless you're running 19's. I believe it throws off the speedo. The recommended size for 18's would be 215/40

·
Registered
390 Posts
The recommended size for 18's would be 215/40
Recommended by who? The Scion Xb club? That tire is way too short for a TSX, and also (in my opinion, and the opinion of people who make tires) too narrow for an 8" wheel.

225/40/18 is a slightly smaller tire then stock (25.1" vs 25.5"), and 225/45/18 is slightly taller then stock (26.1" vs 25.5")

The difference in both cases is pretty small, you can get away with both without too much of an effect on your speedo, looks, or performance.

A 235/40/18 matches the stock tire diameter exactly. However, the wider the tire, the more important it is that your wheels actually fit your car (see sig).

A 235 tire is the widest tire that the tire manufacturer folks say you should put on a 18x8 wheel. Not that many people pay attention to that, but I would take that to say that a 235/40/18 is the best choice, assuming it will work with your offset.

·
pandaTSX
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recommended by who? The Scion Xb club? That tire is way too short for a TSX, and also (in my opinion, and the opinion of people who make tires) too narrow for an 8" wheel.

225/40/18 is a slightly smaller tire then stock (25.1" vs 25.5"), and 225/45/18 is slightly taller then stock (26.1" vs 25.5")

The difference in both cases is pretty small, you can get away with both without too much of an effect on your speedo, looks, or performance.

A 235/40/18 matches the stock tire diameter exactly. However, the wider the tire, the more important it is that your wheels actually fit your car (see sig).

A 235 tire is the widest tire that the tire manufacturer folks say you should put on a 18x8 wheel. Not that many people pay attention to that, but I would take that to say that a 235/40/18 is the best choice, assuming it will work with your offset.
I was asking cuz i already own these tires and have them on my 18x7.5 wheels. I was hoping i could stick with them for a lil longer if i get the 18x8, but apparently not. Thanks everyone

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
stay within 2% difference from OEM. being above 2% is going to make your speedo incorrect, which affects other things like VSA.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I wasn't really thinking about width. I don't know what his offset is so how am I suppose to know if he's going for that flush look or not. I run 215/40 on my 9 +22. I prefer 225/40

·
Registered
114 Posts
IMO, 225/45 would be a good size. I ran that size on 18x7.5 wheels and it was great, though it was on a different car.

What offset are your current wheels, and what offset are you considering getting? It may be worth keeping your current wheels, you could run an 8mm spacer if you want to push the wheel out a bit.

Stan

·
Registered
205 Posts
Honestly a 35 is a really narrow sidewall but it could be done but that all depends on the roads you drive but on a 215 35 18 on a 18x8 should be good it will be a very minimum stretch. I see your from Orlando I have a house in Winterhaven so I95 is super smooth you should be ok.

·
pandaTSX
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honestly a 35 is a really narrow sidewall but it could be done but that all depends on the roads you drive but on a 215 35 18 on a 18x8 should be good it will be a very minimum stretch. I see your from Orlando I have a house in Winterhaven so I95 is super smooth you should be ok.
Yea. I had 35 cuz my current wheels are 7.5 and it looks pretty good. But now want to go up a lil to an 8, so that it'll flush out more. I really like the 215 since it doesn't take away from the wheel.! Plp seem to have a divided opinion, so I'm still listening to everyone. Yea I'm in Orlando. Most of the streets are ok as long as they're not doing some construction crap! Lol.. As long as the stretch is minimum, I'm ok with it.. Thanks

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Hey can u explain to me how this table really works? Thanks

Just pay attention to the "Difference" section. You want to pick a size that is as close to OEM as possible if you want your speedometer and such to be accurate. I say within 2% difference is what you want to be at. 235/40/18 gets my vote if you can fit it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
18x8.75 on a 215/40/18

sorry dont really have anymore pics of this setup cuz i sold the wheels and got new ones.

if you want more just ask and ill pm the rest i have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts