Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I think I've seen the answers already but I just want to be extra certain since I don't know much about wheel settings.

I'm looking at getting a set of Enkei EKM3s 18x8, +40 offset - from what I hear this is okay and would sit just about flush with the outside fender. The tires will be a set of 235/40/18 Continental DWS.

My car is stock now but I do want to lower it about an inch - probably with an A-Spec kit.

Are there any other downsides to what I'm doing or is this pretty standard operating procedure for this setup?

thanks,

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
If you lower more than 1.5" you'll probably start to rub.

I'm probably 2.2" and I needed my fenders rolled. I have that exact same wheel spec but with 225 tires. I would recommend 225 instead of 235 tires.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, it seems that as long as I don't drop it more than an inch I should be fine with the setup I've chosen.

·
Registered
247 Posts
you should be fine. I had the same exact setup with a 235 series tire and I was dropped the lowest on my basics. All I had to do was bend the front fender liner tabs in, and I never rubbed. Also doing all this with natural camber.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New question related to this: If I stay at stock height with this setup would I rub when I have a full load of passengers on board? What if I drop it an inch or less (e.g. H&R OE Sport Springs)?

thanks,

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tekneek, would I gather then that a .75"/.5" drop might result in a bit rubbing with a full load but not a heck of a whole lot?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I have 18x7.5 +48 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back. I'm dropped to about a half a finger gap from the fender to tire. Tires are 225/40/18. Suspension is buddy club n+ coilovers. I have a slight fender roll on the back. -1 negative uncorrected camber up front and -1.5 corrected camber in the back.

I only rub on big dips and it is mild. Honestly I think you're worrying too much cause your potential setups are super conservative. Hope that helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is an old feed, however; what about 18x8 +40 offset with a 245x40 Cooper Zeon RS3 A tire (flat/square). Car is lowered about 1.5 inches all around. Wondering if this will clear, or rub? Need my fenders rolled? Any advice is appreciated:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll 99% rub at that tire width. I'm running 18x8+40 with 235/40/18 and am lowered .75"/.5" and do not rub but with passengers in the back I'm probably a couple mm from it. Run a 225 width and you should be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts