Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen this thread on acura zine, and someone said it was fine, and some said they do rub, but that was in 2005.
I was wondering if anyone 2006-2008 tried these wheels or has this setup. I will try them on tomorrow if they rub, if not I will keep them, if they do I will sell them.

My question is, will I have to do anything when trying these wheels out? use spacers? or should they be fine if I just replaced them with the oem wheels. Sorry I am new to mods or to doing anything to cars.

again the tires I will be trying are 18x8.5 2004 TL aspec wheel w/ 235/40 18 tires not the 2005+ which are 8 in width. these are 8.5. Thanks

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
They'll fit fine unless you're super low. You don't need spacers unless you want that flush look.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
You'll rub with those tire/wheel spec if you're at least 2 inches low, the only way to prevent rubbing without rolling the fenders is camber.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car is pretty much stock at the moment, it has not been lowered. Will there be a problem then? like i said... ill be doing this in 7 hrs... just wanted to know if anyone else has done it. thanks

·
pedal damn it
2,876 Posts
^^^ +1

I saw some guy the other day running 19's on stock height. He caught me looking at his car and I asked him if he plans on dropping it soon and he said no cuz he doesn't wanna mess around with his suspension. :dunno:

He then goes on to tell me that he used to have 20's but took them off to put on his girls scion tc!!! :eek:hsnap: :laugh: :rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...

Well, I did try the wheels out, and there is no rubbing... The wheels do not stick out, but the tires do a tad bit..... I don't know if this will bug me at the moment, so I will see how they feel when I drive it later. I just got done putting them on and they look nice with my CGP because these wheels are gun metal. Thanks for all the help.

:festive:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Well, I did try the wheels out, and there is no rubbing... The wheels do not stick out, but the tires do a tad bit..... I don't know if this will bug me at the moment, so I will see how they feel when I drive it later. I just got done putting them on and they look nice with my CGP because these wheels are gun metal. Thanks for all the help.

:festive:
Swap the tires out to 215/40 R18 or 214/45 R18 and you'll be fine - even if you drop the car.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Swap the tires out to 215/40 R18 or 214/45 R18 and you'll be fine - even if you drop the car.
I'd say more along the lines of 225/40/18 or just keep the 235/40/18 if it doesn't bother you. 235/40/18 is the perfect size to keep the speedo accurate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts