Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to pull my fenders if not really necessary with these specs on 225/40/18 tires, but I want it to be flush. Which offset would meet my standards? Also how much camber would I probably have to run in the front?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
You'll have to pull regardless IMO with a 9.5..

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
well no Johnny, you could do something like this and not have to pull:

lol.

but if you wish to run camber in such that the car is still fairly normal looking,
then you're going to be doing fender work with a 9.5 in my opinion too.

think of it like this, as far as the fronts go, without rolling and running 225/40/18
tires, the best you're going to do with no pull is about a 8" wide and +38 offset.

I am running 8 x +42 and up front it burned off the clips, burned holes in the liners,
and hit the fenders so much it's almost rolled them just with contact on its own.

and your most conservative choice there is a 9.5 x +44. which makes it stick out
about 3/4 of an inch more than what I have going. therefore you'll need to roll for
sure, and also probably pull.

without a pull, just guessing here, but the camber up front would need to be about
-2.5*. that's my guess anyway.

it's all details though. moral of the story: make the car fit the wheels.
get the wheels you want, make them fit. it's not that hard to roll fenders, and it's not
that hard to pull them either. both can be done at home with patience.

I do suggest though a camber kit up front and up back. up front it's best to run adjustable
upper a-arms, like what Spoon or Skunk2 makes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
im at 9.5 rear +44 but watch out. your rim may hit your coilovers. i need a 5mm spacer so i can clear properly . and im at natural camber.

for fronts, they are right your most likely have to pull

·
Registered
38 Posts
^^ and i just did a small roll. i didnt want to cut my fender lining so my lower isnt super aggressive and i already rip my lower tie bar to shit.

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
^^i was about to say this...with the rim being that wide and the offset that high, the rim might hit your coilover...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I went with a more conservative setup...18x9+40 225/40

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
124 Posts
im running 18x9 all around with +38 with no fender mods slightly lowered close to 2inches with 215/40/18 tires..if you want 18x9.5 some slight choices you may make is getting chambers and spacers like ^ had mention..

you can do 18x9.5 with chambers, spacers and tires preferences..depending what you want..no pics yet sorry..soon...just saying !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts