Acura TSX Forum banner

18x9.5 ET30 - What tire size?

15K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  DDT 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I am from the UK, so lots of pot holes over this way.

I wanna go for a tyre that will look good but also be safe on the roads.

I was originally looking at 225/40/18, but not sure if that's too much stretch. However I would prefer going with it due to the price, it's a lot cheaper.

What do you guys reckon?

Also, do you think I'll get away with just a roll on the fenders, or will I need to pull them.

Oh and lastly, do I need a camber kit as well, or can that come at a later stage?

Thanks Steve :)

#10 ·
Lowered on the facelift type s wheels, 17x7.5 ET55 with 225/45/17 tyres.

It's pretty slammed, I'll get a pic at some point.

Another thing, I feel a wiggle from the rear when I go over a bump. Would this be the bigger tyres taking the hit from bumps due to the bigger profile? Or is it something to do with the rear tow from lowering?

#8 ·
Hi guys

I am now very worried that the wheels won't fit. When I test fitted the wheels onto the car without the tyres, they stick out a good inch from the fender. Will I need to run a camber kit to tuck them enough?

Also, I went for 235/40/18 Falken ZIEX 912's. Wanted a mild stretch.

I am scared that once I put the tyres on and they don't fit that i won't be able to take the wheels back cos they're used.

What's your views guys? :)

#15 ·
i'm on 235/40 on a 9.5 +32 right now with 0 rubbing and -2 camber .. shaved rolled pulled though.. might go x10 soon

#22 ·
Thanks for the response guys.

That gives me a little more confidence that they might fit. Since a few of you have had your fenders pulled, how far do you think the front can be pulled without losing the OEM look with the flat-face edge?

@mclovintsx - How much are you doing the roof spoilers for? Are they easy to fit? They look awesome! :)

@mrclean - They are Rota Grid Drifts in Hyper Black. Look amazing in person!

#26 ·
Yea man, shits expensive this side of the pond. Would love to move to America, but need a working visa, so easier said than done :)

I'll update this thread with a pic tonight of the tyres fitted to the wheels and a initial test fit before fender roll and pull ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.