Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
What's the width of the wheel? If you are gonna run 19X8, you'll probably want something in the neighborhood of a +45 offset, and run a 225/35 or 235/35 (if available) tire

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I don't think I was clear. If I had a 19x8 rim with a +45 offset and say a 225/35 tire would that be a good size for both the TSX and the RSX. I guess what I'm asking is are both wheel wells similar in size? If one size rim fits the RSX would it be safe to say that it fits the TSX as well?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah, I must have misread your first question. I couldn't tell you if they would be the same with that size wheel. Sorry... my bad

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
CL9 nyte ryder said:
I guess what I'm asking is are both wheel wells similar in size? If one size rim fits the RSX would it be safe to say that it fits the TSX as well?
Overall diameter of the RSX tire is close to 1" smaller than TSX. You could try to find a compromise somewhere in the middle. 215/35/19 is a common size for the RSX because it is close to stock; if you went to 225/35/19 you'd be like .75" larger than stock-your speedo would be off 2mph at 75,-and that size tire is still too small for the TSX. TSX should be 235/35/19, which is too wide and too tall for RSX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts