Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did about 2 hours straight on research but no info on specifics of what I want or need to know. Know about the raspy noise but seen a few others that didnt get that just by replacing the pre muffler and resonator with straight pipe.

Now im wanting to run single catback 2.5 to one factory muffler eliminating the other. Its a 4 cylinder I feel no need for dual exhaust (mo) and plan on puting the cap on the open end. Now will that hurt or sound bad. Was planning on ordering a magnaflow muffler and use tsx or s2k stock tip. But cant afford all that right now and that I got a hook up ( free) at the muffler shop i do my car work at. Was trying to get this done tomorrow but gonna wait. Dont want anything im not gonna like. Thank you

·
-
1,695 Posts
The stock TSX exhaust system necks down to 1.75" or so when it splits into each muffler.
Get off the internet & get under your car to confirm. :)

So feeding 2.5" pipe into a smaller inlet pipe into a single stock muffler is pointless.

You do realize that the stock TSX exhaust is very free flowing & even installing 3" exhaust will add virtually NO power to even a mildly modded TSX.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Dual ex is free flowing but has really sharp turn when it splits. I bet we can see 4-6 hp on good single 2.5 like 5zigen or Js vs stock or any other dual ex. Any mods on stock ex is really pointless..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cat. Resonator , pre muff. Don't see why eliminating all that and one exhaust would be pointless. Not going to stay with factory muffler long. My muffler shop has time today and in the morning if I decide. And when I get paid going to put a magnaflow in about 2 weeks. 1.75 is kinda small ( bottle neck ) to he free flowing IMO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True. Been reading. If not its gon be all raspy.. Thinking aftermarket mid pipe to single output with 2.5. Thanks for the lookout. this weekend its getting done. If i can get a sound clip ill post

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Yep , im thinking bout this too , just to keep resonator and after it straight pipe to aftermarket muffler with 2.5 inlet. Must be fine for better breathing and hope will sounds good )
when done and said how much is all that gonna cost you with parts and labor total?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts